Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Crappie slab daddy reel ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr. Crappie slab daddy reel ???

Hey all I just bought a little crappie reel and I noticed it has no star drag on it lol. Apparently that’s how it comes just wondering if any of you have any experience with these reels and if I just wasted 11 dollars cause I do allot of drift fishing for crappie and I think it’s going to be a little tuff to hang it off the boat with the bait alert on and no drag its just going to spool itself out all the time and cause problems. at least that’s what i have gathered just from messing with it. Anyways any insight would be great!
    Love Fish Love the Water and Love your children most important of all !

Post Thanks / Like

Are talking about the spinning or baitcasting reel?

Post Thanks / Like

You can't expect a lot of features with an $11 reel.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe ya use the spool nut opposite where the drag should be????

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have jsut spoiled myself using expensive reels for so long But after messing with it a bit I think its going ot do just fine for crappie . Im still probably getting me another little Okuma spinning reel

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, I Googled Slab Daddy reels and couldn't find anything other than one on Feebay. It showed the star-adjuster inside the crank. Look behind the crank handle and see if there a spot with flats on it for the star to fit over. You could probably get one to fit it, but up to you if it's worth fooling with. Did you buy it new or used? Looks real similar to the Slab Seeker reels I just bought.

Name:  ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 28 06.46.jpg
Views: 5843
Size:  14.9 KB
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Take it back where you bought it. Maybe it's missing some parts?

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

Probably got the Mr Crappie Slab Shaker Reel which doesn't look like it has a star drag in the first place. The price range is about right, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine I got brand new and coming out of the pack it didnt have a star drag. I am going to look into putting one on it. Im sure I will be jsut fine using it the way it is but I like my conveinece stuff lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Like NeonMoon I do not see that Mr. Crappie actually offers something called a Slab Daddy reel.

Below is a picture of the basic Mr. Crappie Slab Shaker reel Model SS1. What NeonMoon shows above is the deluxe version which is going to set you back more than $11, more like 18 to 20.

This is the Mr Crappie SS1 Slab Shaker reel.
    (for a bigger picture: http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server19....1280.1280.jpg)

This model is not made with or for a star drag. Otherwise it has a good set of basic crappie reel features including anti-reverse lever and a bait clicker. At $11 the one you got falls right were this model is priced, although generally a little bit higher; so you got a good deal on the one you bought.

Please go back to your package and verify what name and model number you actually got. If that was the SS1, you may ruin the reel by trying to install your own star drag, and it would probably also be cheaper just to buy the deluxe model with it already built in. At $11 the SS1 would make for a very inexpensive backup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast