Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooler Buster of a Day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cooler Buster of a Day

Got out yesterday with an ulgy fella some may recognize for one of our best days in two years. We caught and released at least 15 fish over 12", and kept a two man limit of 10-11" fish... enough to bust the cooler, sending crappie every which direction. My fish came off the new Bobby Garland DockeR jig, vertical presentation, in 10-22 fow, and the ulgy fella was following suit with an ugly plastic made by some other company... Finished the day by boating over 200-300 fish over 10"... What a day!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, this fall has been some of the best fishing I've had in years. Keep it up, I know I'm going to try.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Geist was slow in the morning not sure how the afternoon went.
    Go ahead and keep all those over 12" as well so I don't have to worry about you finding them next october...LOL!
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TDHcrappiemaster View Post
    Geist was slow in the morning not sure how the afternoon went.
    Go ahead and keep all those over 12" as well so I don't have to worry about you finding them next october...LOL!
    I may have to, because these GPS tags are getting expensive! LOL Geist has had a ton of pressure this year... It will be interesting to see how it holds up! Sure would be nice if everybody let the hogs go... It's not like the taste better than a 10".
    L79, I think that warm weather last winter extended the growth season, and as long as the fishery has enough baitfish to support the growth, you'll see above average catches! We had some of the thickest fish I could remember this year. I'm an avid ice angler, but I find myself hoping for more warm weather, so we can break some records this year and next!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Doug and Jim! Hope this winters weather is just like last years.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

To any of you cooler manufacturers out there.... could you please sponsor High Tide so he can get a new freebee fish cooler that will hold 50 slabs minimum? I'm sure he will shamelessly plug your product on here along with bobby garland, crappie pro, humminbird, minn kota , yum, and triton boats. I may have missed a few. If that doesn't work, Santa, are you listening?

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

PS... sitting on the deer stand, I've seen 2 yotes, 2 black labs, some hawks chasing squirrels, a horned owl, a family of bluebirds....and a couple flicks of a deer tail about 400 yards away thru brush....and then for pete's sake....I have to read this thread....LOL.

HHD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hog Daddy View Post
    To any of you cooler manufacturers out there.... could you please sponsor High Tide so he can get a new freebee fish cooler that will hold 50 slabs minimum? I'm sure he will shamelessly plug your product on here along with bobby garland, crappie pro, humminbird, minn kota , yum, and triton boats. I may have missed a few. If that doesn't work, Santa, are you listening?

HHD
    You may have a case... But I plug your product, that isn't available to the general public... SO I only shoot the truth I promise you that! BTW Yeti... I'm available. LOL I almost forgot... I was using Crappie Pro 1/8 heads in pink! Thanks Hog! You making a trip up here this weekend? This bite you couldn't even slow down! Lol

Post Thanks / Like

The HHD hex is working pretty well in the deer woods.... which one of them hot lakes up there you want me to screw up HT ?
    Was that hot pink, or glow pink?

HHD

Post Thanks / Like

your report sure gives me an itch to go, but I've been dealing with family stuff and work and haven't had a chance to get out for some time...I may have to resign myself to making baits til next spring.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast