Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fished Old Faithful yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Old Faithful yesterday

Fished Monroe yesterday... it was a cold morning so we decided to go out after the sun had plenty of time to get up and warm things up a touch since we have a five mile, cold, windblown run down the river to get to the lake. Got out there around 1130am and it was beeeeutiful!!! Smooth, calm, no wind, and hardly any boats. That was my first day on Monroe without large swells and I really liked it. We caught about 20 and kept exactly 12 (bought a clicker to count what we kept... lol, thanks huntinslabs for the idea). All keepers were over 11" except 1 which was 10 1/2. The very first fish of the day was 15" with an egg belly. I thought we should throw her back but the boss said no. On our way in we saw 2 guys in a boat and their motor wouldn't start. We were trolling still so we could hear them messing with it over and over as we approached. When we got close we asked them if they needed a tow and they said they might as well go on in because they werent catching any fish (it was about 1pm or so), so we were just getting ready to tow them and the guy tried one last time and the motor finally started. The guy said he had won a $100 football pool the night before and had nothing but bad luck since then... lost his phone, motor wouldn't start and they weren't catching any fish. So we offered them some of our fish and ended up giving them half including the 15incher which they said made their day better. When the guy opened his cooler to put the fish we gave him in it he had one tiny speck in there.

Here is Terry with the big momma...
    Name:  terry with 15 inch speck.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  76.2 KB

Ginny
    "My heart belongs to T.L and M.L." Life is simple.... just add water.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, and you did your good deed,That was a good day!
    If you want to hear GOD laugh,Tell Him your plans! (By unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Monroe? Good write-up and pic

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on both counts!!