Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: G3 1756 cc dlx and 1860 cc

Post Thanks / Like

Default G3 1756 cc dlx and 1860 cc

I have been searching for a stick steer and came across a nice G3 1756 cc dlx with 70 hp yamaha, also a G3 1860 cc with a 50 hp yamaha. Both boats are a little bigger than what I have been searching for but thought I would ask for opinions here. Not trying to stir up the old "ford vs chevy" comments just real advice on your personal experience with these boats.

Thank you. It is a big help when boat shopping to be able to ask your opinion.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion, but the 70hp on the 17' would do well, but I feel the 50 isn't enough for the 18. Talked with a guy that had a 60 yammy on his 18 and said the motor worked all the time to keep it on plane. Said he wished he'd gotten the 90. I'm inclined to agree with him. I feel it's better to have a little extra and keep your foot out of it, than to overwork a smaller motor. Good luck, those 18's are nice. You might contact "The Shootist" on the Tennessee board, he just re-powered his 17 and can tell you first hand.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

To me the boats you are considering are completley night and day. A stick steer vs. a center console... two completely different setups for two completely different fishing styles/conditions. May want to drop back and consider your needs/wants.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a stick steer, it works well for me. I am a little older and fish in the fall, when I set down I don"t have to move. That makes me fill a little safer when the water is cold. Something to think about.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Thanks for your comments. I have decided on the center console boat. It more suits the type of fishing I do. I still like the design of the stick steer but think it will be my next boat. Actually a feller needs 3-4 boats, don't you think?

Post Thanks / Like

At least 3 or 4, good luck with your new ride.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

good morning,
    you are in alabama, try Royal boats in dothan... like this

goodluck
    PURA VIDA
    bluebonnet2

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 1860 Welded Grizzly Tracker with a 50HP 4 stroke merc and it does real good. 33 on GPS loaded up. Also real good on fuel.