Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: night fishing question

Post Thanks / Like

Default night fishing question

Does anyone use jigs at night ? Is there any particular method that works best ( color , speed, depth)?

Post Thanks / Like

You can vertical jig at night sometimes with good luck. Most of the time we use minnows and may drop a jig and work it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish them at night just like during the day. You get the presentation and color combo right you'll get bit.

Post Thanks / Like

CD, one of the guys in the SC forum only uses jigs at night. He anchors, tho, not trolling or such. You could do a search for night fishing and get many links,
    One of our members wrote the following on night fishing which many folks commented on as being an excellent reference. He does us minnows in this article. Hope this helps:
    The night was coming on fast as I picked up my fishing partner Gary Kunes at his dock and we set out for a night of Lake Wylie
    SeRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

I always use a jig at night, but I use a minnow too. I have a jig that counts as weight and bait on bottom and a hook tied so it stands straight out about 14" to 18" above the jig. I usually catch about 80% of the bigger fish on the jig. Depth at their level or above, never below them. Color what ever they will hit, but I have a few I pick first. Black/Blue/Black, All Chart, Flame Red/Black and FL yellow body/Chart Tail. There are more, but these will work. Speed, stopped mostly, but if nothing is happening sometimes I will just move my rod tip a few feet one way or the other and let the line just swing back under.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

The lake I fish has a spot where there are lights in a concrete tower that shine down on the water. We go there in the summer at night tight lining jigs and wear them out.
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the replys the article was a great read with lots of good advise but i mainly bank fish and i cant catch the fish in the same spots that i did in the daylight i change color and retrieve and still no luck are the fish moving once it gets dark or am i doing something wrong?