Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the Night time fishers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for the Night time fishers

What is the best type of light to use for attracting crappie, the floating white lights or the green florescent ones? What do you guys recommend?

Post Thanks / Like

I like the green lights. I sink it about 5 ft under the surface most of the time but will leave it floating if the water is dead calm. The light helps you see your rod tips better. Also you can use the green lights out of the water and they don't take as much juice to run them all night. the white halogen lights get too hot to use out of the water and use a lot more juice. I can run two green ones for two trips before having to recharge that battery. One white light for one night.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Smile nite light

My opinion for what it is worth__ I like the green also. You'll find people that will swear by either one of them and not let the other color on their boat. I have used both and am satisfied with the green.
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

If you like the green lights better, do you use the expensive Hydro Glow lights or the cheaper ones from BPS?

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both. Seems to me that more bait fish come to the starfire halogens but i'm still new to the night fishing. If you've got ya one of those large yellow everstart max's from wally world it wont matter how much juice they pull. I can run two starfire's and two 40 watt clamp lights off of one for 5-7 hrs easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile nite lights

I have both a starfire and a green 2 footer. The green one I got from Broadway bait and tackle on Broad street in Augusta, Ga. It draws in the fish so I keep the starfire for a backup. I may be handicapping myself with a cheap green one but as I say it brings them in. I paid about $ 24.95 for it as far as my ole feeble memory goes. I have never used one of the expensive green and can't honestly tell you if they are better or not.
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

We have good luck with the floating white lite.. seems to attract plenty of bait fish..... Were going out on Falls Lake tonight.. Keep an eye on the NC board tommorow and I'll let you know how we did.
    -REDBOAT

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 10 dollar one footers from Academy. I'm to careless with them to invest in an expensive one. I've stepped on them and left them hanging over the side over the boat. Even cut the cord on one a few months ago with the motor prop. Just like sunglasses. I use the chaepies there too.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best lights I've found is a flounder gigging light. You may have trouble clamping it to the side of your boat, but if you get it clamped, it will put out some light.

Post Thanks / Like

ol' coleman lantern,,,:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast