Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's old is new again!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's old is new again!

Have been trying to decide about a larger baittank for a while. Been using a bucket with air stone and this works great, but needed something to transport bait and possibly something that would hold minnows for a longer period of time. Anyway, went down to our place at the beach and was rumaging around in shed and found my old shrimp bait cooler and it hit like a ton of bricks. This old thing I used years ago for holding shrimp for flounder fishing would be perfect. Did some googling about it and found one old advertisement in a Field & Stream mag from years ago. Was wondering if any of you guys maybe had one and if it works for you please share.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal!!!
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That should work for holding your minnows. Good size cooler and its always good to reuse older things.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That will work just fine, I would though try to turn spray bar more towards back of cooler so as not to beat up minnows to bad. And if I was going to store them at the house I'd buy a cheap aquarium air pump and drop stone in there. Best thing about it is the price.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    That will work just fine, I would though try to turn spray bar more towards back of cooler so as not to beat up minnows to bad. And if I was going to store them at the house I'd buy a cheap aquarium air pump and drop stone in there. Best thing about it is the price.
    Good idea.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Should work real well. I'd also turn the spray bar.