PDA

View Full Version : Berkley Nibbles?

muzzy125acc
11-24-2012, 10:36 AM
I had a guy yell me they will out fish minnows 3-1. Can you guys back him up on this? He says he also catches bigger fish on them.

Sent from a Droid.

Rees Guide
11-24-2012, 10:38 AM
:Rofl:Rofl:Rofl:RoflIs he a comedian at night. Not down here that I have seen..

"G"
11-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Some things just work better for some folks than others. If I do not have minnows I always tip my jigs with the nibbles....they do make a difference for me. The nibbles smell like minnows and I think thats what attracts them.

Bob/MN
11-24-2012, 11:01 AM
On my last trip out the lake had just turned over and the fishing was very slow. My fishing partner was using a jig and minnow combo and I was using a jig tipped with power bait.
I caught eight crappies and my partner went for a boat ride.
I can't say PB will out produce minnows on all occasions,but it sure does produce fish.
Last soft water season I never used any live bait for pan fish and caught some real nice fish using PB.

flip1199
11-24-2012, 01:08 PM
I was skeptical as well but went out to buy some yesterday to try out. Was using half a night crawler and barely getting a bite so I threw on a CN and first cast caught a gill within 10 secs of my line hitting the water. A couple times i threw out just the CN on a hook and caught some gills. it definitely attracts fish and they do bite but i wont say you'll catch bigger fish.

NeonMoon
11-24-2012, 01:52 PM
I'll say the Nibbles "work", but don't know about outfishing minnows. I never used minnows at Reelfoot, should have just for comparison. I know I'll always have a jar (or two) with me, just in case.

chaunc
11-24-2012, 09:36 PM
I dont bother using any livebait anymore. I fish nibbles and outfish guys using minnows every time. They work well up this way until the water temps get below 35* and they dont dissolve in the cold water.

wademaster
11-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Check this link out

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/230280-crappie-nibbles-opinions-my-problem-thanks.html (http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-crappie-fishing-forum/230280-crappie-nibbles-opinions-my-problem-thanks.html)

ageless
11-27-2012, 08:16 AM
I was tight lining yesterday with jigs and minnows. I can say without a doubt they worked yesterday. I intentionally switched them from bait to bait and without a doubt the bait with them caught fish quicker.

wademaster
11-27-2012, 09:31 AM
They work but I have never seen them out fish minnows.

Badgerloader
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Panfish love them. If you bring a sleeve of crackers, you could also enjoy them as a tasty snack!

dwaw
11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
got a jar the other day. gonna test them out. up until a couple weeks ago if i ran out of minnows i'd stop fishing. but i kept reading posts from these guys who don't use minnows at all. they either just use jigs only or tip their jigs with nibbles. i tested jigs only vs jigs and minnows. the jigs w/o minnows out fished the minnows 2:1. so i got more curious; the next time i fished 1 pole out of 6 with a jig and minnow; caught 60; all but 5 were on jigs only. i'm amazed!

MajikalJoe
11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
I'll say the Nibbles "work", but don't know about outfishing minnows. I never used minnows at Reelfoot, should have just for comparison. I know I'll always have a jar (or two) with me, just in case.

Nice do you camp full time? And fish the rest...:fish

ksboy
11-27-2012, 10:49 PM
around here we call them "crappie crack". always tip jigs with them--seems to help the crappie bite a 2nd time if I miss'em the first time.

glasseyes
11-28-2012, 05:38 AM
There was a discussion earlier this month on the nibbles that got my intrest up, since I had never used them I also bought a jar and tried them when the bite slowed . To my surprise the fish bit and held on and seemed to go after the jig more aggressive, so now I have a couple jars in the bag and they will be a part of my weaponry.

INTIMIDATOR
11-28-2012, 07:36 AM
I don't use Live Bait anymore either, just 2"-4" swimbaits that I tip with a Glow White or Glow Chartreuse niblet according to if the Sun is out or not! The swimbaits have a squid scent and the niblets have shrimp, etc, in them!

wademaster
11-28-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't use Live Bait anymore either, just 2"-4" swimbaits that I tip with a Glow White or Glow Chartreuse niblet according to if the Sun is out or not! The swimbaits have a squid scent and the niblets have shrimp, etc, in them!

What type swim bait?

NYHellbender
11-28-2012, 11:29 PM
My son an I have been using crappie nibbles with our redworms. The bluegill have been crushing them. With out the nibble, they could care less about the redworm.