Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Handheld GPS Recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Handheld GPS Recommendations

I have a nice little Megellan Triton 300 or 400. I can download quads into it. The issues I have with it are:
    1) Eats batteries like candy even with the settings minimized.
    2) The display is small and difficult to read.
    3) Looking back in hindsight. I do feel it was quite pricey for what it is.

What I would like to know:
    1) Would you recommend the one you own?
    2) Is it good on batteries?
    3) Is the screen easy to read?
    4) Any "pros" or "cons" about your GPS.

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question..... I was wondering that to . I have a garmin CSi 60 handheld I use at coalcreek Tn when riding my SXS, I was thinking about using. But it has a small screen, eats batteries also. I have to keep it plugged in to a 12 volt source, it can be hard mounted in a clip in your boat. It works great I have over 150 thuosand acres of trails mapped out in it. Dont know how the small screen would effect you on the water. Hope some more peeps will pipe in.....

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older Garmin Etrex ledgend, I've probably had for 8 years or so. I doesn't bells and whistles that the newer models have, you can get one now days for well under a hundo if you look around. I use it to troll, hunt, and navigate. Its reliable, batteries will last 20 hours or so, and with a decent signal, will get me within 15' of a waypoint, which is the most important to me. Like I said, it doesn't have all the features that you can get now, but I would buy another just for the fact its done what its done for so many years.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

have a garmin c60 or 68, and has the optional 12v pwr cord which I have used this way on the boat for 2-3 yrs, now I use it in my yak on just 2 AA batteries, have used it this way on one set of batteries for 4 or 5 months, and the battery meter on it says the batteries have about half a charge remaining. I use it for 3-5 hrs a time, once a week, been pleased with it so far. Screen is small but in the yak I lay it on the floor/deck and can see it fine for my purpose of marking waypoints. Been considering putting a gps/ff on the yak to reduce the clutter around the feet.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.