Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Look at a old town vapor angler 10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look at a old town vapor angler 10

Does anyone fish from one of these?

I found one on Craigs list. Sell is asking tomuch but I can work on that.

I currently fish out of a Perception Swifty, and would like some more room.
    I dont want a huge 12 footer or something that weighs 60 pounds.
    The Angler 10 is 44 lbs and all the reviews are the same:
    The Drain Plug is in the wrong spot.
    and the Anchor Trolly is to short.
    Wel I can fix both of those, so what else is there?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a good looking kayak. Like you said, everything can be fixed to your liking. I like the big opening.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

That's one thing I like about it to. I can have tons of leg room, while still having a little wind brake for my feet in cooler weather.

There's a vid on Youtube with a full tour. And the kid filming is 6'4" and 260lbs. or something like that.

I'm 6'4" and 200lbs. So I should be fine

Post Thanks / Like

Just for S&G's I looked at them on Gander Mountains website, there's also a 12' model. If you look at them there (GM) you can zoom the pic, than scan your cursor ofer the pic and it will give you a 2nd magnified view, petty cool. I kinda like the 12 footer, but it's $200 more than the 10 footer.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

have you looked at it personally? i bought my first kayak a old town heron 11xt angler in march. the production had just started although it was based on the loon model from years ago. unless i'm crazy they have already changed the design. mine has 2 flush rod holders behind the seat. now the website shows the heron 11xt anger with 1 rod holder in front and no rear flush holders. is your pic of a 10' or 12' foot? the pics i see of the 10' available now has a day trip well. your pics shows a day trip well with a cover on it. maybe a old town old timer knows if they change designs often. maybe you have the 10-12' pics mixed up or they have changed stuff? i like my 2 flush rod heron xt but i was just shocked when i looked at old towns site for the first time in months today to maybe answer your post and it seems they stopped my canoe design just months after it began.

Post Thanks / Like

The design on the Vapor 10 has been consistant. Recently I found Bass Pro Shops Ascend FS10 Angler is a better by @ $499 New. The design has changed over the years, but the new ones have a removable folding chair. ( I hear that is very comfy )The Drain Plug is in a much better spot. There's No Anchor Trolly. Which I can Do myself. But for now my options are open.

Post Thanks / Like

Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little behind, but better late than never...

I own and fish from an Old Town Vapor Angler 10xt. Great kayak, especially for skinny backwater creeks. Has a nice, open cockpit with plenty of room for stowing, and has a nice, stable hull design. The anchor trolley is a bit short, as said above. You have a good size rear storage area that I use to hold tackleboxes or a small cooler, and the rest gets stowed in the cockpit. Drainplug isn't an issue with me, I haven't taken on much water and rain gets taken out with a big sponge. It's an extremely handy size and weight. I've been looking at possible mounting a pair of rod holders up front, and it's going to take some creativity.

Post Thanks / Like

Overall this is a REALLY awesome boat. I have the Old Town Trip Angler (the one actually pictured in the pic you posted) and have no problems with weighing too much, even if I were to bring a ton of gear. The dran plug being mounted where it is is kind of a pain but honestly you dont get a whole lot of water in the boat unless you dump it getting in so drainage is never an issue for me. I added a rod holder on the front just in frontof the cup holders which ended up not being super functional because of the large cockpit size and having to reach so far. I personnel would recommend adding one one each size just behind where the paddl is. It is very romy and the back hatch has plenty of storage room as well. It locks air tight too so no water gets i there unless you put it there. I personally havent had a problem with the anchor trolly system, though I do not use it often as I fish either fairly calm water or float the potomac and paddle around to slag water behind large bolder frequently. Feel free to message me if you have any other questions about this particular boat.

-SGT E

Post Thanks / Like

I also forgot to mention the 2 flush rod holders located just behind each corner of the seat. They are fairly easy to reach and work well if you want to roll jigs/lures behind the yak while paddling.

E