Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: handheld flares

Post Thanks / Like

Default handheld flares

I was trying to buy all the legal and safety equipment I needed for my boat. I purchased the 4 pack of handheld flares from Wal-Mart. I was reading on the pack before I went to place them in the boat that they only last three years and must be in date or something like that. I did not know they had an expiration date when I bought them. I looked and they expired in 2010 and here it is almost 2013. I really do not understand why this product is even carried by Wal-Mart considering it probably is not a frequently purchased product that will be sold before expiration. Also why would anyone want to buy them if they only had 1 year left to be good. Where can a man order some or maybe buy some locally that might be in date and not expired. I guess I need to take those back and find some more somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

That happens everywhere, stores leave them on the shelf and do not seem to pay attention to the date in hopes somebody will buy them. Its a buyer beware market when it comes to dated items. Even some food stores are that way...
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know where ya live, but i would try a local boating store.........

Post Thanks / Like

I live close to Scottsboro Alabama, not sure of any places around here but I will search on line.