Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Strowbridge Res.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Strowbridge Res.

11/20/12. This is a small lake 3 miles east of Carbondale. Haven't been there for a couple of years. Trying to get out of my 'small fish' funk, thot a small impoundment my be just the trick. Got there about 11am. Lake was lower than I have ever seen it. Local there warned me about the ramp. Had some large 'prop eater' rocks very near concrete ramp end. He was right!! Hadn't started engine yet and still hit one with motor just in the water. Pushed off and started motor. Dropped trolling motor to pull up to dock. Even then had to lift it. Finally out to very calm water and temps in the lower 50's & over a ft of clairity. Soon came across a loaded pile off the dam. As fast as ya could get a jig down 10ft ya had a 'tap'. All colors, 1/16 to 1/4oz jigs, small baits,,, but no 'thumps'. Hit several other spots with same bite. Fished till 2pm without a keeper but over 50 caught. Made several way-points for later use. Very nice day!! 'Small fish' funk still lives. Maybe Oklahoma??? <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thought about going to Carbondale yesterday as this is usually a good small lake this time of year. But changed plans and went to the Goon. No water there had trouble launching boat and most of the water was around 4' deep and 44 degrees. No new laydowns and the water had a scum all over the top. A couple taps but no fish. I would not recomend going there until we get some rain. Still a very nice day fishing instead of working. Everybody have a good and safe Thanksgiving.
    Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terrybassboat View Post
    Thought about going to Carbondale yesterday as this is usually a good small lake this time of year. But changed plans and went to the Goon. No water there had trouble launching boat and most of the water was around 4' deep and 44 degrees. No new laydowns and the water had a scum all over the top. A couple taps but no fish. I would not recomend going there until we get some rain. Still a very nice day fishing instead of working. Everybody have a good and safe Thanksgiving.
    Thanks Bruce for the heads up on the Goon....I've been wondering if it was fishable and now I know
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by terrybassboat View Post
    thanks you and chatt saved me a trip

Post Thanks / Like

Uhmm, why not hit Clinton or Perry? Was at Perry 11/15 and got 18 soso fish(no braggers) and Clinton 11/16 and got 20 fair fish in about 5hrs on brush. piles were hit and miss. if no keepers in about 5 min. time to move on and no more than a few on a pile. Heck of alot of bouy picking up, not really fun fishin, but anymore, if I get a chance to go I just have to go. Dam car wash gets me for $8 everytime I decide ro go to Perry, Hope everyone else hits carwash for the ol'tun on the way home. Good fishin and happy turkey day to all!

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishlessDan View Post
    Dam car wash gets me for $8 everytime I decide ro go to Perry, Hope everyone else hits carwash for the ol'tun on the way home.
    Ok,, I'll bite. What is/are the "ol'tun"?
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishlessDan View Post
    Uhmm, why not hit Clinton or Perry? Was at Perry 11/15 and got 18 soso fish(no braggers) and Clinton 11/16 and got 20 fair fish in about 5hrs on brush. piles were hit and miss. if no keepers in about 5 min. time to move on and no more than a few on a pile. Heck of alot of bouy picking up, not really fun fishin, but anymore, if I get a chance to go I just have to go. Dam car wash gets me for $8 everytime I decide ro go to Perry, Hope everyone else hits carwash for the ol'tun on the way home. Good fishin and happy turkey day to all!
    Thanks for the report!! CS, Dan has 'fat' fingers,,, should of been 'tub'. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Ol'Chatt nailed it! Fat fingers and a general lack of typing skills.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol!! Ok. I thought maybe I had lost my mind or something! lol!!
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!