Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fly Fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fly Fishing.

Hi, I have been visiting and fly fishing for panfish (& some bass) during Feb & Mar in ARK. for about 5 years now. I would like to talk to any other flyfishing guys. I am from WI. and pretty much travel the state looking for "small" waters to fish using my cataraft every year when I visit. Looking to share my spots for some new places. I mostly catch and release or keep a few and give to shore anglers. I stay at campgrounds. Thanx, Flyrod Man

Post Thanks / Like

Fly Rod Man,

Bear Creek is a great lake to fly fish for pan fish. There are plenty of good sized bream and shell crackers in the lake. Many people use fly rods for pan fish on that lake.

The lake does have a HP restriction of 10 HP or less.

The lake is located in East Arkansas in Lee County.

DIRECTIONS:
    In Marianna, AR, take State Rt. 44 east 7 miles to campground
    sign. Turn left at sign into campground.

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/southern/stfrcmp.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Charles

Lake Charles State Park is a great place to panfish and the campground is excellent. Where the shoreline is not slate rock holding nice size gills, it's got ample cover for the panfish. Each year, usually May or June, my wife makes me take her there for her annual catch'in day (not fish'in day).

Here's a link so you can check it out: http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/park.asp?id=14. Plus, you can see a more detailed map of on off my website: www.familyfishingtrips.com. Hope to see you there sometime.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]