Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bead next to last eye?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bead next to last eye?

I have read where some of you use a bead in the line next to the last eye of the rod while spider rigging. What kind of bead and why?

Sent from a Droid.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A bead on the line between the tip and first eye will rattle when it gets a hit and you might not see. I'm guessing 1/4" bead or so.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Muzzy, I put a 1/4 red bead like comes with a slip bobber between first guide after tip eye and next guide on my PST's. Have found on Pennical with softer tip works better between tip and first guide. Bead will rattle against pole when fish hits when spider rigging. Sounds crazy but it works. I have to give credit to a member on Ky board ( can't remember his name but he is the river boat pilot ) I'm a Geezer. It improved my catch ratio by probably a 100% when I learned that from him a couple years ago. I have A D D so watching poles is difficult for me so this trick really helped.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cray View Post
    Muzzy, I put a 1/4 red bead like comes with a slip bobber between first guide after tip eye and next guide on my PST's. Have found on Pennical with softer tip works better between tip and first guide. Bead will rattle against pole when fish hits when spider rigging. Sounds crazy but it works. I have to give credit to a member on Ky board ( can't remember his name but he is the river boat pilot ) I'm a Geezer. It improved my catch ratio by probably a 100% when I learned that from him a couple years ago. I have A D D so watching poles is difficult for me so this trick really helped.
    And I give credit to Cray for sharing this with me, do it 100% of the time and my improved catch ratio is the same. Fish by myself alot, sometimes you can be looking staight at the pole and never see it move but will here the "tick" of the bead, find that it puts you on alert, very effective. Thanks Cray for sharing my friend.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I think his name is Whiskers.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I've done it for years. The man that showed me how to spider rig used them and I've done it every since. I just use the cheap ones in the craft dept you can get 100 for very little
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    That's it Wibur. Thanks
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    And I give credit to Cray for sharing this with me, do it 100% of the time and my improved catch ratio is the same. Fish by myself alot, sometimes you can be looking staight at the pole and never see it move but will here the "tick" of the bead, find that it puts you on alert, very effective. Thanks Cray for sharing my friend.
    Me too!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Actually, his site name is WISKERS !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

What a Great Idea RR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast