Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of fish today, 20 Nov

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lots of fish today, 20 Nov

Today was a great day for fish - just not crappie. I caught roughly 75-80 stripers, some about 11-12 inches. Also, caught about 20 bream, and foul-hooked a 3lb channel cat with a 1/16 oz jig and a BG pink pearl. Total crappie = 12. 8 keepers (11-12 inches) and 4 shorts.

I threw the kitchen sink this morning. This is what I tried on 1/16 oz jigs: BG, Baby Crawdad, BBQ Chicken, Bluegrass, Blue Ice, Blue Pearl, Blue Thunder, Cajun Cricket, Electric Chicken, Monkey Milk, Natural Cricket, Patriot, Pink Pearl, Tuxedo Shimmer, and Watermelon Wine.

The Stripers ate everything - all day. The stripers particularly liked the watermelon wine. I had to finally put the watermelon wine away.

I was on the water at 0530. As usual, I launched at Triana (Indian Creek) and made the trek to Cotaco Creek. I started south of the Sharps Ford road bridge, and caught only one keeper Crappie all morning.

About noon I moved closer to the river, and caught two keepers at the first laydown I tried. About 1:30, I had to leave at 2:00, the crappie started biting. I went to my go-to rig with two jigs. I used monkey milk and blue ice. The five crappie that came in the last 30 minutes were hungry and full of energy. I sure did not want to leave:-(.

I also got another treat today. Three beaver were having a ball playing around in the creek this morning. Late morning, I saw two Doe's crossing the creek in a place that is about 15 feet deep. Interesting to watch deer swim.

Cotaco creek was the lowest I have seen it this year. Current was mild, but was moving in both directions all day. Water temp was 56 degrees.
    Name:  2012-11-20 13.47.26.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  29.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Spaceman,

Sounds like a great day, thanks for the report!

I've been busy at work but did get to Indian Creek Sunday with Z-man from about 10:30AM till 3:00PM. We never seemed to get on the fish, I did manage 10 or so that were 10 inches or over, but a slow day.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditch, Thought you didn't like us anymore. You've been laying low - I mean busy...how was Washington State? I may not get back on the water until late next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Spaceman...the stripers can make for a fun day.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys work? I don't seem to find the time here lately may just be
    old age ??

Good job man, nice catch. Keep posting the pics us old timers like to look
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

The fall isn't working out for fish with family and work. Oh well, at least I have a job that I enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Alan,

I am currently on terminal leave culminating 28 years in the Army. So I am technically not working right now. I am catching up on many days of missed fishing - trying to get on the water 2-3 days a week until January. I have learned much with all the recent water time.

I am very blessed to have my first post-Army job starting in January. Fishing will slow greatly then. You may have noticed I am very interested in the techniques people are using for night fishing. I like this crappie fishing so much I may work by day and fish by night!

Post Thanks / Like

Spaceman, I just want to say thank you for your service to our great nation!!! I really enjoyed my terminal leave time as well. Like you said the story changes with the next chapter. I live in Madison as well. Let me know if you need some company sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bob D. Anytime the schedule permits, you are more than welcome to come wet a line!

Post Thanks / Like

Spaceman,

When I was on leave from the Army as I retired I conducted phone interviews from my kayak!!

Enjoy your time, it's well deserved.

Happy thanksgiving to all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast