Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great day 11/19/12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great day 11/19/12

the bait fish were thick is I have ever seen.The big hybrid stripes were on a feeding frenzy along with the big bass.The bait fish were being herded into bait balls and pushed right up on the banks.
    I managed 16 nice crappie 11 to 14 inches threw back it least 20 + 9-1/2 to 10 inch crappie.Most big fish came off minnows 4 to 6 feet deep just right under the bait fish.Monkey milk and Blue ice were good also but small fish ,except the hybrid stripes.
    North salty was on fire from 2.pm to dark that was when I arrived a lot of folks were just now showing up to fish after dark.I ran out of minnows so I had to leave anyway.
    I did see one boat trolling or long lining and doing good with a lot of net action-must have been some nice ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, thanks. Would love to know what they were doing long lining. Were they going under the bridge when they were doing that?

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. You know it's usually like that in Oct, but it seems to have come late this year. The heavy weeds may have been a factor this year. They're coming out now with the weeds breaking up & with the water temps dropping as well. Sounds like it's on for you!
    James 1:5

Post Thanks / Like

Bob the guys were trolling right in front of the rip rap maybe 30 to 40 yards out.The water was maybe 15 ft to 8 ft deep in that area.Last year around this time 1 man was trolling with corks maybe slip corks? in the same area and did very well.I was able to reach the area with a slip cork and I caught some nice ones .
    Larry you know the area well.The next 2 days before the next front should be great fishing.If you see the birds diving on the bait fish your going to catch fish..

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post! Glad you had a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great report, nice to hear the Crappie are on the shad. The only hard thing this time of year is everything else is filling up on the shad also!

Post Thanks / Like

Like you alabamaal most of my fishing is from the banks. I have never really done well from the bank there, but have loaded up a time or two when out with some buddies in a boat. Since I have my canoe set up to troll, that is pretty interesting to me in that area! Again, thanks for the great report.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob since you have the canoe try the back side were they have the no fishing posted on the pump docks.I know for a fact you can load up there from a canoe and it's not that far even when its dark.The lights stay on 24-7 just don't fish from the docks.