Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ElDorado Fri Nov16

Post Thanks / Like

Default ElDorado Fri Nov16

I was able to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather Friday afternoon. I believe every fishing trip you go on, something new or interesting happens to you or you learn something new about the lake or fishing. Well Friday afternoon I ran into laltec fishing from his boat on the north end of El Dorado. From where we were you could see the railroad causeway and bridge. Happened to glance over there and a car was driving down the rail road track and across the bridge. There are two set of tracks on top and no road. At first I figured it was a BNSF vehicle, but then they turned around at the control station area, stopped and got out with there fishing poles, walked down the rocks and started to fish. The nearest road crossing is a good half a mile away and its very common to see a train fly down there at least every half an hour if not sooner. We were just dumb founded at the carelessness of these people. laltec talked to them briefly and they didn't seem to care that it was illegal to drive down train tracks. We almost called them in, and probably should of. I'm still shocked someone even would think of attempting that or think that was OK.

On to fishing, caught enough crappie to take home for a meal, but there were plenty of dinks to wade through. Bite was pretty slow, but the ones I caught they thumbed the jig pretty hard.
    Tim.

Post Thanks / Like

people never suprise me anymore. Of course when they get hit, its the trains fault. Thanks for report.
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

If they keep doing stuff like that they will not be long for this world, I hope they did not have any kids with them

Post Thanks / Like

I have been under that bridge when a train goes over. I cant believe someone would drive out there. About the only thing you could do if a train was coming is jump in.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a retired Santa Fe conductor who has ran
    that track back before the lake was there and also many years since construction of the lake, that track over the bridge on the main track is 70mph and the siding is 45mph max, those fellows should have been called in for thier and the trainmans safety. My brother in law is an officer in the sherrifs dept there and he would love to hear abt this. CRAZY IS,DRIVING DOWN RR TRACKS OVER A BRIDGE! Thanx for the post. DK