Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ThermaCell Insect Repeller

Post Thanks / Like

Default ThermaCell Insect Repeller

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this but..........

I bought one of those ThermaCell jobs at K-Mart for 20 bucks and figured what the heck. It was the white one, they didn't have the camo version.

Well I've tried it out and in some pretty tough conditions. After dark below the Ross Barnett dam on the mighty Pearl River.

I'm impressed. To say the very least. Usually at night fall you can look up and see bugs everywhere. We, Bubba and Me, cranked this thing up. Follow the instructions, really read them! The Mosquitoes left. The little pads last only about 4 hours and when they go white change them out. The butane is supposed to last 12 hours. Re-fills are 5 bucks for a new butane cell and 3 pads.

But it really worked. I will have to get another one for the boat, because it just isn't enough with one. It says in the instructions that it covers a 15 foot area, but on the water with a breeze don't count on that. So this is something that works almost as good as advertised. You can also purchase a belt holder for it. I figure with two I'll keep one up front with me and Bubba can keep one back with him. So I'll have to get a few more re-fills.

Don't get me wrong.... You still will have the occasional Kamikaze mosquito get through, but for the most part you can enjoy fishing, at night, on your favorite body of water, if you use this thing.

If anyone else has any other observations let me know.

Oh.......izzy, I've seen no roaches either. Not sure if it works on spiders, you might have to research that out.:D

Here the link for more info http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/

john
    Last edited by bowdenja; 07-03-2006 at 11:24 AM.
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

We hae been using one for the last couple of years and love em......alot better than spraying down with Off or something. We always place 1 in the center of the boat and seems to work good.

Post Thanks / Like

They work great ... My boat always has one aboard with plenty of fuel cells and chemical pads. I sure beats smelling awful, feeling sticky and having your skin burn - not to mention the occasionally swipe at the eye followed by the great burning sensation!

BTW, they even work against those nasty "no see ums".

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report on the Thermacell's, John. These things were discussed awhile back but i was still a bit skeptical. I'll give them the ultimate test, sit out in the front yard. I've tried about every candle, spray and stinky tiki torch thing they sell and the skeeters just laugh while suckin ya dry. If they work there i'll buy stock in the company...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I have not got to try mine yet, but I can't wait now.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

As hot as it is now the skeeters dont even start till about dark but I dont wait on 'em. I always light one and throw it under my chair about 15 minutes till it gets dark. Bowdenja, you can also do a search on the internet and buy what is called a summer kit which is 10 packs together. I think it'll save you a few bucks. These things are great for deer hunting too.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I was bragging on my Thermocell on Crappie.com some time ago. Many had not heard of it.

I don't own any stock in the company, but keep spreading the word. It really does work.

Titleman

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they do work. And sure wish I did have stock in that company. AS they have a keeper there.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I use one bow hunting, but never even thought to take it fishing. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Where would I find one of these?

Rod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast