Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie tournments

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie tournments

i was talking to p/p (bennett) and we were talking about starting a suffolk once a month tournment. a different lake each month with a five fish limit for weigh inn. 10 bucks with winner take all. do you think it will work? tite lines JIM.B

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim, I would probably make it to a bunch of those. Is this the start of the poll?

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,

From my experience fishing Bass tournaments: I think it would work but some months you might only get two or three boats while others you might draw 20. Personally, if I was to run one I would be happy to just have others to fish with but it seems that a large portion of "tournament fishers" want a large turnout or they don't think it is worth their time. Now with that being said, the attitude on this forum and the members in this area is far from that type/style of attitude so you I would assume most would be happy if anyone else was there and enjoy a day of fishing with a little competition on the side. I will also say it almost seems like you are proposing 12 "bashes" without the name bash and maybe not as much of an event as a bash but I like the idea. I can't guarantee I would go as my schedule is always in flux and I try to spend as much time with the family as possible. Now, when the 4 y/o is old/big enough to handle her own maybe I would bring her along for some daddy/daughter fun time giving mom the afternoon off!

I would also caution you not to go to a $10 entry with half being paid out and the other half going towards putting together a bash. If you did that then it becomes a game of how many did you participate in and how many should you before you get to go to the bash type of thing. That is where the bass tournaments tend to go wrong with the "classics" at the end of the year. All in all, just my .

Tight lines,
    Brian

Brian C. ETC/SS USN Ret
    Virginia Beach, Va

Post Thanks / Like

well with all the replies i guess its a no go. i guess its from fishing bass tournments for over many years. i was hoping to get more people together for some fishing fellowship. hope to see all at the lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe reconsider it at a later time Jim? I personally would love to do something like this but can't commit to it right now. Maybe everyone else is just busy with other things on their mind right now? Or, maybe do just a couple for the first year or two instead of every month? Then you can see how it works out and others can get a feel for it at the same time. That would allow everyone to gradually step into it? But, you might be right since there was only a couple replies maybe no one is interested. Or, maybe a lot don't browse this area on a regular basis?

Brian C. ETC/SS USN Ret
    Virginia Beach, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim.b View Post
    i was talking to p/p (bennett) and we were talking about starting a suffolk once a month tournment. a different lake each month with a five fish limit for weigh inn. 10 bucks with winner take all. do you think it will work? tite lines JIM.B
    Give it time and you will develop regulars. Mix it up sat and then sundays. Just do it - your going fishing anyway.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I can help you in any way with posts, polls, etc. Just holler.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

You should try it for a year Jim, Got a friend down here that wants me to help him put together some tourneys this winter. Start out with a couple this winter and see where it goes. Maybe start a local trail. Just see how it all falls together.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion