Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi-tek holder advise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-tek holder advise

I am fishing in a 14' Jon boat that I want to mount hi-tek holders in. I intend to build a raised floor in the near future but in the meantime how would you mount the holders? I intend to mount a 4 rod holder in front and 4 rod holder in back.

Post Thanks / Like

PM callshy
    he makes the holders and probably can give you some good advise

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The tall riser is about knee high and needs to be close enough to reach without getting up and far enough away to allow you to get up if needed. A virtual fishing trip in my driveway had the neighbors thinking I had gone round the bend, but it let me figure out where they needed to be.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    The tall riser is about knee high and needs to be close enough to reach without getting up and far enough away to allow you to get up if needed. A virtual fishing trip in my driveway had the neighbors thinking I had gone round the bend, but it let me figure out where they needed to be.
    Thats another controversy, 9 or 18" riser. I know the 18" will be bet when I put the floors in but not sure how to adapt that to the boat now

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

To answer that question, where do you plan on sitting before you build raised floor? If on the normal bench seat I would cut a peice of plywood and mount holder to it then mount to ribs with a couple of screws to keep stable. Might be a little high but fishable.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a pic of what I'm dealing with now.

Post Thanks / Like

Go ahead and deck it out, keep in mind when you do the front end is going to become heavy. You ae gonna want to find a taile to put you boat on, thats what I had to do when I decked it out. Hauling it in a shot wheelbase tuck became nill when I decked it out, too much weight on the front end and didnt wok out good loading the font in first, good luck.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you deck it, try raising the seats 4 t 6 inches with whatever you can find for a test in the yard. This gets your knees more comfortable, keeps your center of gravity lower, and lets you fish out the side with better position of your knees. Had this in a 14' v-hull years ago and stored the Plano magnum tackle box under the seat, it raised the seat 6". If you attach the holders to the side it will limit your options. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I an idiot or what? How do you access the bolts to remove these things? There on swivels bases if that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a wrench and disconnect the seat first, this will give you access to the base. It isn't fast and I usually ding a knuckle doing it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast