Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tell me if im wrong.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me if im wrong.....

Ok just bought a HB 998 from a registered crappie.com dealer an the unit is missing a screw on back of unit. First off I'm glad I noticed it b4 its put to use n the elements ie. Rain... It would have been fried! So I email seller with picture an I'm told to register my unit an call HB customer service. Should I have to go thru that mess?? Or the seller? Just curious what you guys think?? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

In that situation I would think it fell on the seller to make it right if you want. However those 998 units are scarce now that they are changing over to the new ones. I just bought one too but haven't opened it up yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Call Humminird they will send the screw without all the registering, but you need to register it soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Xpress I thought the same thing. I mean straight out the box probs. call seller. Now 2-3 months down the road after using yea I'm calling HB. Seller emailed back an said he would contact HB so its all good hopefully. And yes I will register the unit this weekend. I wish I could post pics on here so yall could see the screw I'm talking about. I'm glad I spotted it cause if water would have got n there it would have been toast.

Post Thanks / Like

You just bought the unit, you should not have to do anything other than install it.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

x2 the seller should be responsible for the screw but i just noticed that the seller is taking care of it.hope you enjoy the 998 its a good unit
    "my wife" crappie fishing is a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other."

pullin they're heads up, ears and all

Post Thanks / Like

Does the seller have any warranty period, like 90 days or 60 days. The dealer should have exchanged the unit with a new one and he handled the problem on his own. That is called customer service. I ask that questions first and if they don't have any instore warranty I will go somewhere else. Nothing worse than to buy something and get it home and it doesn't work and try to take it back and the dealer tells you it is between you and the manufacturer. That usually takes months of frustration and some cussing (sometimes). EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p