Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Price on Roadrunners Tip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Price on Roadrunners Tip

Went to Academy yesterday with my wife who was getting a heater for her boss and I went over to the fishing section looking for some drop shot weights which they didn't have many of them at all, but while there was just looking around and noticed they had the Marabou Pro 2 Roadrunners marked down from $1.88 to $0.88 each so I actually bought 6 of the 1/16 that I liked. Even though I tie Roadrunners it was just too good to pass up.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

On those roadrunners I had some rr and the hooks were so small like brim hooks. A 2" jig wouldn't even fit on it half way. My question was do they have rr that have the bigger hooks like the strike king jig heads and hooks. I'm thinking there a #2 hook but I could be wrong
    "my wife" crappie fishing is a jerk on one end waiting for a jerk on the other."

pullin they're heads up, ears and all

Post Thanks / Like

THe Pro 2 is a little bigger hook, but not a lot on the 1/16, but feel sure the 1/8 & 1/4 had much bigger hooks. I like the smaller heads and would have bought the 1/32 if they had them, but they didn't have that size in the Pro 2's and wouldn't buy the original marabou Roadrunner because I tie them my self. I got to tell you even they with the #6 hook will catch as big of a crappie as you can find. I have caught a lot of crappie 16" and 17" and even bigger on the 1/32 oz Roadrunners. Personally I almost never use a hook as big as a #2 and some guys even want a #8 hook. I have guys all over buying jigs with hooks that are #6 and even #8.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!