Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bought a Toon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought a Toon

Okay i purchased a 24' toon with a 70 hp johnson last nite! I have a question it has to have the wrong prop on it at WOT the rpms are very low. Anyone know what pitch a toon is supposed to have?

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

No. But it probably needs a power prop to push that big barge. That is probably the reason RPM's are low. I would not think a speed prop would be good on a big barge. That's just my 2 cents worth.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD
    Okay i purchased a 24' toon with a 70 hp johnson last nite! I have a question it has to have the wrong prop on it at WOT the rpms are very low. Anyone know what pitch a toon is supposed to have?
    David, there are lots of folks here that use "toons" and they're more than likely out cruising the lakes and rivers today. If you don't hear from them just call a place that sells them and ask for a mechanic, they are far more knowledgeable than a salesman. Describe your 'toon to him, length, beam and outboard and he should be able to recommend the right prop in both pitch and diameter. My outboard is a 45 hp Mariner....I bought it from a guy that wanted a bigger motor on his 'toon and it had a 9 pitch 10 inch diameter aluminum prop, I carry it in the boat for a spare. Too bad they won't exchange on our motors, we both could have saved some money!! Congrats on your "new" 'toon!! :D

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

go to this site . t m d can or some one elas can .
    http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new toon... Lots of fishing room... I agree, a power prop, should move the toon ok...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

My 1994 70 HP Evinrude on a 20' pontoon has a 14x11 prop. Can't believe my tach but it jumps out of the hole quick. So far I'm happy with it too. I also just bought it used. Enjoy it, "nice and slow is the way to go". The OLD BULL, Ferdi aka Fred