Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wilhelm

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Wilhelm

Hi,
    Just wondering if the crappie are biting at Wilhelm? Have they moved in shallow yet? About a week ago the water temp was 59 and I thought they will be going shallow soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Zeke, I havn't fished it since April 18 but my one buddy has the crappie are starting to go shallow, mainly the males, they are just starting to turn dark in color so that means another week or so . I would start this week to hit Wilhelm. Just use the map I mailed you. and same a couple for me ! Zimmy
    E-mail me and I give you more info.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey fella's, i cant remember if wilhelm is a small motor lake as the last time i ws there i had 2 motors on my boat. I want to try that lake for a day or two while i'm on vacation. Smitty

Post Thanks / Like

I think they went to the raised horsepower, 20? Go at night and use the big motor, like they do at Pymatuming. :p :p :p :p

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    I think they went to the raised horsepower, 20? Go at night and use the big motor, like they do at Pymatuming. :p :p :p :p
    ROFLMAO........ Smitty

stumpy Guest

hello....... I just registered. I hit Wilhelm Wednesday. We had not been down in a 5 days and the surface water temp. went from 61 to 73. We got lot's of small crappie and a few perch below launch 2. Nothing worth keeping size wise.........As for motor HP, Wilhelm is a 20 HP lake. But just cover the numbers on your motor with masking tape and write 9.9 with a Sharpie marker then you will be legal on Pymatuning also.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there Thursday and we caught a bunch of smaller ones. Most were caught below launch 2 also. All were in shallow water. We kept a few and some of them had eggs in them.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,
    Which Thursday were you fishing? I was up there on May 20th and caught a lot of fish, but they were mostly in the 7-9" range. I wonder if they are still in the shallows or if they are moving out to deeper water? I would like to go out next week one day, if they are still biting. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Zeke,

I was there Wednesday the 26th. Thry are still on the spawn and should be shallow. We got mostly small ones also, but did keep a few 9 inchers and ate them up. About a third of the ones I filleted had eggs in them. Going to Arthur tomorow (the fourth). I fish for bass there a lot, but I am going to try to get on some crappie. Not sure where to go on that lake, but we should be able to find some. I really like wilhelm, but it's 63 miles for me. Arthur is only 34 miles, so I hope to learn it well enough to catch crappie consistently. Good luck on wilhelm. Try the laydowns down by the dam on the right side going towards the dam.

Mark

I was mistaken on my early post. We were on wilhelm wed. and went to shenengo on Thursday. That was a mistake. Shenengo was about 8 ft. high and we did poorly, but a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work. eh?
    Last edited by Mark; 06-03-2004 at 08:48 PM.