Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flint Creek Morgan County

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flint Creek Morgan County

Well guys hit it early saturday morning and as usual another poor performance for the day. The water looked great, but I had ZERO success. Thus, the reason for this post. I see alot of peeps fishing and several are fishing by themselves. I am just saying, I am not to proud to admit I dont KNOW what I am doing and would love to tag along if someone ever wants/needs a buddy to fish with. I have a old small boat and have to fish from the back due to no way to rig up a trolling motor at the front, So I am used to being in the back and wouldn't mind it.
    Just saying anyone who knows how to catch the elusive Flint Creek Crappie and wouldnt mind teaching an old dog a new trick let me know.
    Bamadadx3

Post Thanks / Like

Bamadadx3,

I fish from a kayak and have Flint Creek on my to do list, hopefully I'll have some time next month to get into the area. If there are Crappie in flint creek (LOL, there has to be) the anglers that have learned how to catch them aren't sharing any secrets. I'll post as usual my success or failure.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ditch! Like I said above I see guys easing along with a jig pole dropping here and there, thats what I tried Saturday but again no success. I talked to several guys on the water Saturday a few said they had caught a few. I would be tickled with a FEW that would by definition be MORE THAN 1 is all I have ever caught on an outing!

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bamadadx3,

What Ditch said! I am doing much fishing until January when I start working again...so I have lots of time to fish now. You are more than welcome to join me - preferably during the week when there is less pressure. I normally fish Flint Creek in the spring but wouldn't mind coming over there to give it a try now.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Thank You so much Spaceman. Let me see when I can schedule a day off during the week and I will pm you. I really appreciate the offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Jamup and I tried Flint today as well. No success. Missed a few, but didn't even boat any fish.

Post Thanks / Like

BensGoneFishing....A true fisherman given today's weather! Thanks for the report. Wish you would have landed at least one. Seems Flint is a bit challenging right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Flint has been receiving a lot of pressure lately, especially when the weather has been nice. The ramp on Hwy 31 is only a couple miles from my house so I put in there pretty regular. I vertical fish a jig about 99% of the time and have fished half a dozen times the last couple of weeks and have been averaging around 15 fish over 10" each trip. Everyone has their own favorite way to fish the creek and sometimes minnows work better than jigs but I rarely fool with them. I'm not sure there are many secrets to catching them other than figuring out the right depth to fish based on water color and temp. I experiment with depth until I catch one and then pretty much lock in to that depth for the day. I'm currently laid off and looking for a job so I'm fishing during the week a little more than normal. Weekends get pretty crowded down there. The attached picture is from last Monday. I think I kept 16 (I only keep fish over 10"), but it took me all day to catch them. As you can see they are a mixture of white and black crappie. I may have to give them another try tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by alabass; 11-12-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great looking bucket 'o fish! And, good report.

Post Thanks / Like

Hang in there man It will come, my buddy and I are currently trying to learn how to long line and all we have managed so far is 2 small crappie and 2 catfish HAHA .It seems to be a long learning curve as to where and what area and depth one should use learning this technique, but having seen the results from others I think we will get there sooner or later hope springs eternal !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast