Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: anybody ever use...

Post Thanks / Like

Default anybody ever use...

a duck layout boat as a fishing "kayak"... don't know if it's even possible, but wondering about trying it. Found a couple nice looking layout boats and I'm wondering if that is a realistic option to get and do some mods to to make it a fishing boat... thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of variants out there to take into consideration. If I went that route, I would want a trollin' motor mount.........but, for sure a rim high enough
    to stop the waves from washing over the side. Haven't seen one thats self bailing, so you'd need a bailing apparatus. Some have all kinds of places
    to mount hardware for fishing. Some I've checked out were light weight and one person handy for launching and loading. Any that had wood involved
    would be out of the question, so all poly would be my selection. Stability would be a plus and a lawn chair would make it really comfy to fish from.
    Post a photo of what your looking at and we can tell more.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

The layout boats that I have seen paddle like a barge, ie not very well. Plus issues of low sides and non-bailing as RetiredRR mentioned. A better option maybe to get a kayak that is tan/green/camo and use it to get to your duck spot and set-up a quick blind. Jackson Kayak has several earthy colored options as do other manufacters.