Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lines and spots 2

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Lines and spots 2

Dean,

Thank you a ton!! Took the wife last night for our first trip ever on the river. We launched from Elizabeth River City Park as the ramp at Harbor Park didn't look all that great and the parking lot is now posted as "sticker controlled". So to be safe we headed down to the park. Initially headed to the right out of the park and realized that it was all industrial so turned around and headed the other direction. Found a fueling pier that had a nice bright light right on the edge of the main channel. Wife was freezing as she didn't listen when I said dong 35mph in the boat would be really, really cold so she didn't want to drive any further. We started at about 9pm and left at 11pm with 2 strippers and 2 trout. One of the trout was 23 or 24 inches. I have some pictures but we are headed out for some catfishing and crappie fishing on the NWR so I will post those later. I will just add them to this post when I return. Hope everyone else is having a great day out on the water, be safe and see ya'll later!

Tight lines,
    Brian

Brian C. ETC/SS USN Ret
    Virginia Beach, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  78331_3412107920954_351825035_o.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  50.0 KB

This was the biggest fish caught last night. Sorry, I forgot to take pictures today before I cleaned what we caught so this is all you get.

Brian C. ETC/SS USN Ret
    Virginia Beach, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Great job!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I am not even sure we were in the correct area. Launched right at the Jordan bridge from the Elizabeth River Park and headed left a little ways until it got dark. How much longer will they be in the river? We definitely had fun and enjoyed it. Now, I have to find a ramp that has lights or something. I liked the Park but no lights made me worry the whole time that I would return to find my truck broke into.

Brian C. ETC/SS USN Ret
    Virginia Beach, Va