Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Battery charger repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default Battery charger repair

I've got a Minn-Kota model MK110P portable battery charger that's supposed to be automatic, but now won't stop charging. Does anyone know how/where to repair these chargers?

Post Thanks / Like

cheaper to buy a new one than repair one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    cheaper to buy a new one than repair one.
    I agree! Is it under warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

MK 110P Portable (1 bank)

Lists that it has a 3 (THREE) year warranty.

Check the following to determine the date of manufacture of your unit, if less than the three years, contact Minn Kota.
    The date of manufacture can be determined in two ways:
    1. By the date code found on the outside of the charger plain kraft outer sleeve – this is
    stamped in the format “2007-04-16” which would represent April 16, 2007 in this
    example.
    2. The date code decal located on the bottom of the charger located next to the serial
    number decal. This decal has 4 numeric digits – the first two are the year of manufacture
    and the second two the month of manufacture; a date code of “0801” would be January
    (01) of 2008 (08).
    contact Minn Kota Technical Service at (800) 227-6433 and reference this notification for replacement.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would call Minn Kota even if it is out of warranty. They may be able to help and they have great customer service.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A battery charger will sometimes indicate that it is still charging and will not cut off if something is wrong with the battery.....dead cell or something....get your battery checked out good before you condem the charrger. Any MinnKota authorized repair center can fix it though.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    A battery charger will sometimes indicate that it is still charging and will not cut off if something is wrong with the battery.....dead cell or something....get your battery checked out good before you condem the charrger. Any MinnKota authorized repair center can fix it though.
    +1

The battery "controls" the charger by the current it draws. A bad battery can draw too much current to shut the charger off.