Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman Lake

Wife and I are headed down to Truman in the morning. This is the first time we have fished this lake, looking for any pointers on where to fish? Being the first time on the lake, the only thing I know is to be very very alert and careful of trees.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to be tough with the wind they are calling for. Still fish being caught in the creeks dipping trees.

Post Thanks / Like

Like jigging 15 said be going to be real tough with the south wind...Where you putting in at..

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the map trying to figure out best place to put in. So, I haven't decided yet. That's why I posted and have been searching the forums. I was just thinking about putting in at the damn and then venturing off from there. Or thinking about Bucksaw Area.

Post Thanks / Like

Wind will be crazy bad around the dam area. Better try and get up the Grand arm or Tebo arm somewhere and not fight the open water of the main lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked again and they are saying south winds at 20-30 mph. I would not venture very far in those conditions. The bluffs around Bucksaw or the first cove up river from Bucksaw marina would be about as good any to try and get out of the South wind. Wear your life vests and be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of blaze orange on the water and in the timber this weekend too. Be careful out there.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

There is lots of CDC folks that fish out of Bucksaw area & will be more than happy to help you out . we are up there almost every weekend & would help in any way we can..Just didnt feel like fighting the wind sat or the rain sunday..

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we fought the wind and came back home with nothing. Thanks for the suggestion on Tebo. We found a nice little cove up there out of the wind. We were able to catch a few keepers (ended up just throwing them back) and lots of dinks. Learned a lesson, stay off the lake when its that windy. On the flip side, the wife and I spent a great day on the water together.

Post Thanks / Like

hey man good for y'all, nice day on the water, caught a few, tossed a few back, can't be all bad, and as you said you learned a lesson, as I have on here, good advice given on here.....peace man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast