Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Forum Opinion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Forum Opinion

Just an idea for the moderator on this Neb. forum(EB), could there be a sub-forum(ex. Kansas forum) for OFF TOPIC posts such as other species reports and other non-crappie related posts? These posts could be conveniently placed there leaving the main forum for crappie fishing and crappie related items, hence “Crappie.com”…just a thought.

Also, no offense to anyone, but after looking at the last four months of posts I’ve seen only two different guys posting, jeeeez, is there anyone else that is fishing in Neb? I see upwards of 200 views on some of these posts so where is everyone. I just find it weird that we can’t get more posts from Neb. folks. You lurkers don’t need to give up spots or anything, but for the sake of taking the time to get on the forum at least say you went fishing and give up some fun photos. Maybe we need a roll call sticky(ex. KS. forum) or even a show your boat off sticky….something to get more people interacting. This forum is so dead! I myself can’t say a whole lot, but I haven’t fished for four months, I almost find myself checking out and commenting on the KS. forum more than the Neb. one just because there are signs of life over there.

Some ideas, thats all,
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the lack of attivity on the forum. I have become a fair weather fisherman because of health reasons. I use to fish about all but about 2 weeks while the ice was setting on so I could start ice fishing. It is my main passion and wish I could do it more often. I find myself working harder after I retired than when I was working full time. At least then I was coming home from work and heading to the lake each afternoon. I only got to fish 4 times this past season. I finally decided to take a week and headed to SD so I could just fish and not be interupted with other things that always seems more important than my fishing. At least we had enough fish for my annual fish fry. I don't think we have enough traffic on the forum to need another sub-forum but will see if there is any interest in it. Thank you for your contribution to the forum. Harold aka- EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Passion4Pomoxis View Post
    Just an idea for the moderator on this Neb. forum(EB), could there be a sub-forum(ex. Kansas forum) for OFF TOPIC posts such as other species reports and other non-crappie related posts? These posts could be conveniently placed there leaving the main forum for crappie fishing and crappie related items, hence “Crappie.com”…just a thought.

Also, no offense to anyone, but after looking at the last four months of posts I’ve seen only two different guys posting, jeeeez, is there anyone else that is fishing in Neb? I see upwards of 200 views on some of these posts so where is everyone. I just find it weird that we can’t get more posts from Neb. folks. You lurkers don’t need to give up spots or anything, but for the sake of taking the time to get on the forum at least say you went fishing and give up some fun photos. Maybe we need a roll call sticky(ex. KS. forum) or even a show your boat off sticky….something to get more people interacting. This forum is so dead! I myself can’t say a whole lot, but I haven’t fished for four months, I almost find myself checking out and commenting on the KS. forum more than the Neb. one just because there are signs of life over there.

Some ideas, thats all,
    EagerBeaver(The old Liberal) has many friends(mostly Conservatives) from many different states. Most of the views you see are from those friends checking on him & Chris Carter trying to keep them straight.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

In that case there should be 1000's of views to see what is going on up here. I can always count on you Don to show support. Notice I didn't say for or against!! EB

Post Thanks / Like

P4P, come on down, let's get a freezer full at Glen before the law changes I'll get 'em stirred up, and it isn't even my fishing hole. Nobody's posting because everyones over at Harlan whacking the stuffing out of NICE blackies We know cause our border lakes ain't gettin' pounded. But you've had me thinking ROAD TRIP for some humpy's, them babies are quickly becoming a passion for me. Oh well, I'm all fired up and happy cause nobody can go fish my hole today Just glad to see all you Neb guys posting
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

My guess for lots of views but only a few people talking. It could be folks who live out of Nebraska that just pop in to take a look a what new topics are created. I try to give a report on my fishing trips, and sometimes put some pictures in it as well.

I wonder what ever happened to flyboy

Post Thanks / Like

He flew the coup, Chris. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    P4P, come on down, let's get a freezer full at Glen before the law changes I'll get 'em stirred up, and it isn't even my fishing hole. Nobody's posting because everyones over at Harlan whacking the stuffing out of NICE blackies We know cause our border lakes ain't gettin' pounded. But you've had me thinking ROAD TRIP for some humpy's, them babies are quickly becoming a passion for me. Oh well, I'm all fired up and happy cause nobody can go fish my hole today Just glad to see all you Neb guys posting
    You pick the day I'll meet ya there....
    Yah, I think the lid came off those blacks at Harlan last year. I personally wish they'd leave a few to grow, they hit the 9"ers pretty hard last fall.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer