Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Elk River/Anderson Creek?

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Elk River/Anderson Creek?

Does anyone have any reports on the Elk or Anderson Creek? Been wanting to go and give it a try. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Friend of mine has been catching a few around Elk. Caught 25 one day and 32 the next. He said that he was just dropping bait in tree tops and fallen trees. He is a fisherman though so I don't know about his truthfullness. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fugeman.

Any general areas doing better than others. Thinking about taking my son tomorrow...early.

Post Thanks / Like

Space I caught a few waaaay up in anderson creek today. They were very scattered though. Only caught 5

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. I think I'll take my son to more familiar waters where I am having a bit more consistency. Don't want him getting bored too quickly/early. I'll plan to come to the Elk/Anderson Creek by myself to do some exploring.

Post Thanks / Like

I was catching a few in Big Creek by (Elk River Mills/Sportsmans Park) but the last couple times I've went it hasn't produced much but stripe and maybe 2 or 3 crappie each trip. They too were very spread out and just roaming the flats in general. I went yesterday and we caught 12 keepers up and down the Elk in various spots - caught some in a foot and a half of water and then others in 10 foot where it sloped off into the main channel - none of them were caught right off of brush piles though. It's still early - another month or so and you'll be able to sit on a brush pile and reel in 60 out of the same school. I hate sitting outside in 30 degree weather myself but it's the best time to catch em

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. I am getting ready to post a separate post on today's trip to Cotaco and Indian Creek.