Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help!!!!

Guys I'm going fishing tonight for some crappie at a huge private pond. (Looks like a small lake really.) There's not much cover there either. There are some coves with a little stuff but not much.

I plan on using jig heads tipped with minnows and a berkley crappie glow nibble. How deep should I fish these? Should I use slip bobbers or just fish the minnows with a few heavy split shots and let it just sink?

Please give me some help!!! Not trying to catch monsters..just want to catch a limit if possible...

Thanks in advance...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile help

Don't know that I would be a lot of help---I think I would fish that about like any other water, just hook, minnow, split shot and bobber. Try various depths. Oh well, mom never called me sunny because I was so bright.
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

Default ...

Well should I use a slip bobber so I can have more depth? Of course at night I'm not going to be able to throw very far out because I won't be able to see my bobber that far out there so I may just use regular bobber and splits,hooks, and minnows and just get a depth and flip it out there 10 feet off the bank and see what happens...haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adacrappieman
    Well should I use a slip bobber so I can have more depth? Of course at night I'm not going to be able to throw very far out because I won't be able to see my bobber that far out there so I may just use regular bobber and splits,hooks, and minnows and just get a depth and flip it out there 10 feet off the bank and see what happens...haha

We use lighted bobbers...That way we can see them no matter what...We use the lighted bobbers,glow jigs tipped with a hot pink crappie nibble.....Always works for us...Luck to ya!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ....

I plan on getting a couple lighted bobbers too. How long do they stay lighted usually?
    Have to wait to get the glow strikes. I'll order some next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do they work?

Have never tried what you guys are calling glow strikes--what are they, where do you get them, AND do they work?
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine at Wal-Mart and they work great. You put what looks like a piece of double hose line (small diameter) on the slip bobber. You then bend the glow strike and it starts glowing and you put it into the other hose on your bobber. It stays lit for the whole night. The glow strike doesn't stay bent it pops back into place but some kind of chemical reaction cause it to glow.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ....

actually fish.on that's not what they are. Go to www.fishermansedge.com

It's a glowing (apparently it glows easily and brightly for about an hour) jig head with hook made of blown glass.

Looks really really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Palmer
    Have never tried what you guys are calling glow strikes--what are they, where do you get them, AND do they work?
    Yes Carl Palmer they do work...I have used them for awhile now...And I have never been disappointed....You can buy them from fishermansedge. He is a member of this site.Just look up his name and send him a pm. He will get back to you...And he is honest...

The bobbers have never gone out on us..We have used the same ones all year....But we do keep spare batteries just in case....

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation I think you are ....

Quote Originally Posted by fish.on
    I bought mine at Wal-Mart and they work great. You put what looks like a piece of double hose line (small diameter) on the slip bobber. You then bend the glow strike and it starts glowing and you put it into the other hose on your bobber. It stays lit for the whole night. The glow strike doesn't stay bent it pops back into place but some kind of chemical reaction cause it to glow.
    referring to "glow sticks". Adacrappieman is correct ... "glow strikes" are the glowing jigheads (glass) that Fishermansedge makes.
    But, yes .... the glow sticks that are small enough for a bobber would work.

And, Adacrappieman ........ I'd always use a slip float for fishing any depth that was deeper than my rod was long. If you're using "white" light ... the white top or charteuse top should be OK. If using a "black" light ... spray paint the top half of the float with fluorescent chartreuse paint. You should be able to see them from a pretty good distance, then. Or, as suggested, try some of the lighted floats. ........ luck2ya ..... cp