Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Buns of Steel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Buns of Steel

I have them now

After hitting the water shortly after 6AM (I waited until it started getting light today), it took me all of 5 minutes to bump the 1st stump. I was paddling as slow as I could while still keeping a forward momentum. I knocked 4 or 5 before making it the fishing grounds. I swear I'm shocked I didn't get pucker-cramps! Oh, and my Hummingbird FF survived being submerged, water temp this AM was 43* and I did NOT want to be in it.

Was a perfect morning, water was a mirror (and actually stayed very calm all day), and there was a fair amount of fog rolling around. I caught roughly 18 fish, and missed that many more, seems they were biting extremely light for some reason today. Caught my biggest Crappie since being here at 14.5". I took pics of it, and pics of fish caught on the Garland Watermelon/Wine for RRR's pic post, but for some reason the only pic that "took" was the 1st fish of the day (and it was nothing worth posting).

I headed in about 4PM, and walked in the door just a few minuted 'til 5, so it was an even slower paddle-in, no sense in ruining the day, I was on a roll I did manage to run-up on a stump, and thought I'd felt it under my seat, so I tried to nudge my way off of it, but the more I nudged, the further up on it I got, getting nervous......but finally cleared it, and made it to shore, safe, sound, and DRY!

Probably gonna be my last time out for a few days, last I looked the winds were supposed to pick back up, which was why I'd decided to spend most of the day on the water. I heard several guys saying they hadn't had a bite, or caught little/few. I'm sure somewhere on the Lake, someone was catching them.
    Apple Pie ProStaff

Post Thanks / Like

Successful day. Take it anyway you can get it. Kick back for a day or two, and get well rested.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on having a "dry" day NM.

43* would raised the pucker factor a few more bars wouldn't it. LOL

Glad it was a good day for you
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! It's actually been a pretty quiet past couple days, and got a couple things accomplished (unrelated to Kayak/Fishing), so yesterdays "dry" time on the water was icing on the cake.

So far the Lake looks to be calm this AM, can just see a few leaves in the trees moving. Just happen to hear the forecast on TV, looks like 70* temps this weekend, but come with those dang winds (some 15-20). If the water keeps dropping here, I'll just go get a pair of chest waders and fish "deep water" with them
    Apple Pie ProStaff

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you had a successful day. Sounds like a good time catching the fish and a 14.5'' is a good crappie, hate that the pic didn't take.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Way to get back on that horse. 14.5 is dandy