Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just a simple question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a simple question

I have done a lot of trolling at night for different fish, but never considered crappie as a target. Any one ever troll for these fish at night? Figure with the increased boat traffic these next few days, maybe that will be one way to avoid the tubers and jet skiers.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't troll at night ,,,,,scared I'll hit a rock.......

Post Thanks / Like

i troll at night but only in 15 to 30 feet. troll along any steep ledge and you will pick up a few but my best knight tactic is to park it and put out some lites.

Post Thanks / Like

we always anchor up at night with the lights
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default night trolling

I went friday evening, left the house at 700pm, had the boat in the water and on the way by 745pm, trolled two and a half hours, one tap.while i was targeting crappie, i also thought maybe one of those marble eyed fish would cooperate, nada! Ten pm, speed boats still running, holiday week end,got back to the ramp, at 10:45 , needed to wait to put the boat on the trailer, before I left, there were two more pleasure craft launches, and the road to the state parkm had a line of motor homes big trucks and boats, a zoo. Will wait till wednesday for the next fishing trip. My favorite trolling spots, were used by anchored pontoons, with crappie lights.I hate holiday week ends!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Holidays are good for working on your boat and tackle. In this area you can't get on the lake because of the skiers and other pleasure craft, It's pretty bad on any weekend during the summer. Can't wait till fall gets here.