PDA

View Full Version : finally got some. . .

b_a_s_s_101
06-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, havn't been on here in a while. I finally got to go to the the older lake here and jig around the dock. I was usin a orange/chart. 1.5" jig in a white jig head w/ 4# line and my ol' ultra lite. I instantly got bit, but he hopped of the hook. then i went to the end of the dock and dropped my jig slowly down and slowly reeled back up. I caught 12 this way. smallest was about 5-6" biggest was about 8-10". It was fun. First time targeting crappies this year, and im headed out there all day tomorrow :cool: . wish me luck.

crappiencali
06-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Goodluck Bass knock em dead.

CrappiePappy
06-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Hey guys, havn't been on here in a while. I finally got to go to the the older lake here and jig around the dock. I was usin a orange/chart. 1.5" jig in a white jig head w/ 4# line and my ol' ultra lite. I instantly got bit, but he hopped of the hook. then i went to the end of the dock and dropped my jig slowly down and slowly reeled back up. I caught 12 this way. smallest was about 5-6" biggest was about 8-10". It was fun. First time targeting crappies this year, and im headed out there all day tomorrow :cool: . wish me luck.

"Vertical Casting" method ?? :D Works, don't it !!!!
Does Iowa buy their Crappie stock from Alabama ? :eek: :confused: That's about the only other place I know of, that Crappie seem to like a orange/char jig ... LOL!! They bust'em up good at Weiss, on that color ... LOL!!
But, seriously .... sounds like you had a good time, and that's what's important.
If you see this before you go .... try shooting the jig up under the dock, in the darkest/shadiest spots, and slowly retrieve it back out. The bigguns may just be hiding in there ... forcing the smaller ones to stay out on the fringes. ;) .......... luck2ya .... cp :cool:

hellmonkey
06-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Them orange/chart jigs work well in Kansas too! My last few trips I've used Orange/Chart. jigs and them crappie and bass just kill 'em.. I've caught crappie from 10 inches and up and a couple of nice 3 1/2 lb bass on the orange/chart jigs.. I've had to change my 4 lb line at least 3 times using those jigs. I'll only change colors when the bite stops. My wife thinks I'm nuts! :D

b_a_s_s_101
06-29-2006, 10:32 PM
lol thanks for the tips cp. the only problem is that the dock is a weird one, there is big barrols to help it float. that is why i cant get my jig under the dock. idk why that color combo works, but there was a couple at the lake last year that were catchin slabs left and right and i couldnt get bit with a chart/black jig. so they gave me one and the slabs tore it up....litterly. so i got up to cabelas and bought me a pack of em and havn't really used them. so, tomorrow im gonna try to tear them up. PS: we get our fish from the hatchery around rathbun i THINK!!! lol.

CrappiePappy
06-29-2006, 11:09 PM
lol thanks for the tips cp. the only problem is that the dock is a weird one, there is big barrols to help it float. that is why i cant get my jig under the dock. idk why that color combo works, but there was a couple at the lake last year that were catchin slabs left and right and i couldnt get bit with a chart/black jig. so they gave me one and the slabs tore it up....litterly. so i got up to cabelas and bought me a pack of em and havn't really used them. so, tomorrow im gonna try to tear them up. PS: we get our fish from the hatchery around rathbun i THINK!!! lol.

the infamous "floating dock" situation. I'm quite familiar with that, since my home lakes are full of them. I only encounter stationary docks in Tenn & Alabama. Best advice I can give you, on the floating type docks, is to shoot the boat slips (if shade is present) ... and shoot under any pontoon boats that are moored there. ;) ........ luck2ya .... cp :cool:

wrwest
06-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey Bass, congrat on your fish. Keep up the good work...

b_a_s_s_101
06-30-2006, 11:01 AM
haha, thats the one and only dock on the lake. the lake is about 28 acres. just a lil wooden dock about 30 feet long, 20 into the water, and a lil boat ramp. good crappie fishing though. thats what counts.

b_a_s_s_101
06-30-2006, 05:47 PM
went out today from noon-4 and caught two little tiny gills. ticked me off. tough conditions though, windy and storms in the area. i think i'll go out later this evening and give it another shot.

bugman
06-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Thats the spirit stick with em it will pay off.

b_a_s_s_101
07-01-2006, 02:19 PM
went back out last night...same thing, not a bite. i think i'll give it another shot tonight though, im bound and determined to catch some more.