Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Farmer

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Farmer

How do you use your X-97? Do you have the fish symbols turned on or look for arches? I got mine with the Minnkota that has the built in xducer and never have seen an arch. I called Minnkota about it and they said I probably never will see one. So I don't know if its characteristic of that xducer or what. I use the x97 on the bow and have a Garmin 240 on the console. The garmin is a lot easier to read but I think the x97 shows more detail.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

IBNFSHN,

My X97 does show arches. Most of the time I am spider rigging when I'm useing it because it is on the front of the boat on my trolling motor. Saying that, most of the time I'm going too slow for arches and it will just show straight lines on the screen when a fish goes under the transducer. I was seeing arches on my fishmark 320 but not the X97 when I first got the units because I have my 320 mounted on the console and I use it while running the big motor. I checked my 97 by leaving the trolling motor down and idled the big motor in an open area. I then went up to the front and watched for a minute and it was showing arches as pretty as you want to see.

Turn your sensitivity up to somewhere around 80-85%. Now take a jig and drop it down under the transducer. Move your sensitivity up until you can see it or move it down if your picking up the jig already but are also picking up alot of noise. If you can see that little jig under there you'll be able to see fish. I hope this helps. Holler if your still having problems. Good Luck. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion