Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Late Run

Post Thanks / Like

Default Late Run

After taking a 4 month break due to drawing a once in a life time Nebraska bull elk tag I’ve gotten back on the water again…Been mainly on South-central reservoirs, but have hit a couple interstate lakes too. Catches have been in wintering areas, deep flats that adjoin river channels, main lake points, and deeply placed structure (cedar tree reefs). The fish I’ve found have mainly been within a few feet of the bottom and have been relatively active during the mid-day hours. Drop shot rigs, tightlining jigs, and single jig and jigging spoon applications have been the best. Preferred jigs have been Gary Yamamoto’s Tiny IKA in smoke pearl blue and chart/green.

Happen to be able to ride along with some walleye guru’s recently on a slabbing trip and results were more than anticipated.

Good luck to everyone this winter on the ice and stay safe!

Name:  1103120957.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  57.7 KB
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Those are a lot of fun to catch. How did you do on the Elk? EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Those are a lot of fun to catch. How did you do on the Elk? EB
    good, as far as I know it's the first NE bull harvested with a muzzleloader. No official score yet, but we've got it in the 340's range, that's with over 30" of deductions. He's missing most of his 5th, all of his 6th, and the tip of the main beam on his right side. Anyway, I'm very happy and it was a great hunt.
    "Indeed, the single biggest reason we're not catching fish spring, summer, winter, or fall is that there are no fish where we're fishing."

Gord Pyzer

Post Thanks / Like

He must have had a tough season!
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the Elk and that is a Hoss Walleye.