Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deer Season

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deer Season

I was wondering if the telecheck system has made thing easier for Conservation Agents? Or do you all find more people trying to take deer without reporting them since they don't have to go to a check station anymore?

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the telecheck, myself. Sure makes it easier for the hunter. I'm sure there are lots of cheaters out there tho.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would give the agents more time to get out and catch the cheaters. It is easier for the hunter, but I miss going to the checkout stations and seeing all the deer come in.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of the telecheck system!!! It really does make it easier for the hunter!!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    I'm sure there are lots of cheaters out there tho.
    Cheaters will cheat check station or no check station. With the telecheck agents can be out in the field instead of wasting time checking in legal deer.

I've been pulled over on I 35 because they were on an over pass with binoculars and saw the deer on my trailer. Luckily my poaching little 8 year son was legal that time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Luckily my poaching little 8 year son was legal that time.

Starting him early, huh keef?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I will chime in on this one since Agent Schepis was not working for us when we had check stations. For those of you who don't know me, I am Scott Stephens. I was the Clay County Agent up until May of this year. I am now over Jackson, Platte, and Clay counties.
    I'll be honest with you here. When telecheck first came on line, I was very skeptical. However, since it has been in operation, I have grown to appreciate it. In the old days of check stations, I would spend a full day just getting them set up. Then, whenever one had a problem or a violation, we would go check in to it. And it always seemed to be on the very opposite end of the county. We spent a lot of time driving from station to station. (Please forgive any typos as my hands are cold because I'm sitting in a field with my windows down waiting for someone to shoot from the road). We are able to be out in the field a lot more. We have a lot of good information at our fingertips through telecheck. The days of manually going through check sheets are over and I don't miss them. Like Keeferfish said, cheaters will cheat no matter what. That's where we come in, along with help from you guys.
    We make a lot of good cases through the telecheck system and are continually changing our tactics. Thanks for the question and let us know if we can help. And thank you for your help.
    Have a safe deer season.

Scott Stephens
    KC Protection District Supervisor
    816-585-5468
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your reply,Scott and welcome to the site from washington.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Scott and Welcome from SEMO

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate your input, Scott. I also appreciate the hard work you and the rest of the agents put in to help make our outdoors experience the best it can be. Any "takers" on the road decoy yet?