Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Motorguide question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Motorguide question

I have been looking at buying a Motorguide W75 wireless trolling motor. Have any of you used this model or a similar one?

What did you like and/or dislike about it?

I am interested in things like run time, steering response, problems with the wireless foot pad etc. , and ease of use. Thanks in advance for any information.

Drifty
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a motorguide 46 lb thrust trolling motor on my 17 foot aluminum boat. It should be plenty strong enough for this boat. I have to be honest and say I hate it. It doesnt pull the boat around very good and when the least little bit of milfoil gets on the prop, it wont move at all. When I but another one, it will definately be equiped with a Min-Kota trolling motor with weedless prop.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

If you havent made the purchase yet, I would definitely without a doubt get a minnkota. I have had nothing but problems with my motorguide on my 99 tracker. It heats up when continuously in use and i had to add a fuse so it would blow before it melted everything up. It is also not very weedless even though it says so. I will recommend a minn kota maxxum 70 lbs if you have the $, if not I would go with the minn kota all terrain 65AT. You can get the AT at BPS and Cabelas now for a great price and they but through weeds 100% better then a motorguide will. Whenever I save up some money I will be upgrading my motorguide with a minn kota.

Post Thanks / Like

Only got 7 words in response to your question........"Ain't got no Autopilot, don't buy it" If you gonna buy a Cadillac you might as well get it fully loaded. I would seriously compare the Minn Kota motor to that Motorguide. I've had Motorguide and Minn Kota. Honestly, there is no comparison!!!! Jigsatwitchin'...................cd
    YOU ARE EITHER PART OF THE PROBLEM....OR PART OF THE SOLUTION!! CHOOSE YOUR SIDE!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I 100% agree with all the above. Motorguide s*x!!!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. I guess I will give Minn Kota another shot at it. I have a 50 lb thrust MinnKota on my 17.5 foot aluminum boat now. I am not that happy with it. It don't pull the boat very well and it steers SLOWLY to the right when it is under power. I have to stop the motor to turn right. Maybe a 70 pounder will take care of my problems.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"