Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bandit Trolling Depths?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bandit Trolling Depths?

Does anybody have a chart of the trolling depths of the various size Bandits? It would sure be helpful to us guys just getting into trolling cranks to know how deep say a 200 series Bandit is running on 10 lb. line with 100 feet out at 1.8 MPH.

I know there is like a trollers guide out that was supposed to have all the data for Bandits put in the next edition.

Thanks to all the guys who share their valuable knowledge on this as I know it took countless hours and many lost crankbaits for you to learn what you know.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Trolling Bandits

You probably did this already but I tried search and came out with a lot of topics about troliing for Bandits. i hope this helps
    Bernie

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

If you can find any information, please post. I've e-mailed Jim Duckworth with essentially the same question. This is the whole key to trolling, depth control. If you are trolling in 15 ft. of water, then you know if you're bumping bottom, either slow down or take up some line, but if you're in 40 ft. of water and trying to stay in 10-12 ft. of water, what do you do?

Post Thanks / Like

I asked this question over on another walleye message board hoping they might have some answers to it also this morning. I am interested in it too.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Slabbandit, I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help on 200 series - usually
    pull 300's when I'm using Bandits. But with them, (this is off top of my head)
    17' is about max, 75' of line or so seems to get them about as deep as they
    will go for me. 30' of line, about 7-8', 50' of line, about 10-12' - and that is
    with big ole 12 lb line, and I'm guessing. I'd really like to have one of those
    precision trolling books, I just never checked into it too hard because I
    figured the baits I used wouldn't be in it - and didn't know who to ask which
    baits were in or not. I may call Cabela's and bug them about that.

Tkpaul, in that situation, with 300's, I'd put out two at 30' and two at 50',
    and see what happened not trying to be silly, that's really what I'd do
    and see which they wanted. Fifth rod out the back might go out 65' just
    for kicks. After about the second fish on a certain letback, I'd start moving
    the rest of them to match, same for two fish on the same color bait, start
    changing colors all to the same.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Default 300 Bandit will run 75' Deep???

J.White how do you get a 300 to run 17' deep? I'm using 15# line, pulling 1.9 mph, on 8' rods, at around 150' behind the boat. Mine will start to bump bottom at about 12.5' deep. I often fish 15-18' of water. I saw that you normally fish deeper water. I fish Sardis 99% of the time. Also just talked to my Dad, he was on the way back from Sardis. Caught 40, but only kept 4. Keep in mind we don't keep any under 12".Said he could have kept many more 10-11" fish. He said the 10" were actualy thicker. I think we need 2 weeks of 95+ degree weather so they will school up.

Post Thanks / Like

J
    Give me a holler.I every I've got every edition of the trollers bible, be happy to help ya out.PJ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prchjerker
    J
    Give me a holler.I every I've got every edition of the trollers bible, be happy to help ya out.PJ
    Would it be too much trouble to give the depths of 200 and 300 series Bandits on say 8-10-12 lb line. Also where you find those books and which one is best.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Ill look when I get home tonight on the bandits.Precision Trolling is the ONLY one to buy.Cabelas offers it runs 29.99.We troll 99% of the time up here for walleyes and crappies, it a god sent since Ive got around 1500 different cranks in all shapes and colors.Let yall know tomorrow

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast