Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wright Patman 11/3/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wright Patman 11/3/2012

We ( Daughter, Wife and I) went to the upper end on Sulpher River today! We caught 30 +, alot of dinks but 13 over 10", a couple of good-uns and 3 Brim. It was a good day for all, weather was pretty good, temp got up to 80+. We made it home before the rain and cleaned a decent mess, again. After a 7yr hiatus, this is getting addictive again, WHOO-HOO! Weather permitting we will be going again tommorrow! I am breaking in a new to me War Eagle 754, and have a long way to go to getting back to limit catches. I fish with tube jigs and the best color(bite) that I have recently found is kind-of aqua blue and orange, with gamakatsu jig heads w/red hooks, the SO likes to fish with minners, I think she is going to be converted, LOL! Thanks for this forum!!!!!!!!!!
    2005 War Eagle, 50hp Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal!!! Glad to see you going again, nothing like it..
    Take you kids fishing today!!! They will be grown (and married and have children of their on) tomorrow. Then you can take your GRANDKIDS!
    Podunkideas Pro Staff
    Cornfield Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you want to limit yourself to just using jigs. Crappie don't always want a jig at certain times. I would rather come home with fish than brag about only using jigs and coming home empty handed. I take minnows,worms,and even leach's at times, if I think that is what they may want to bite on. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    Why would you want to limit yourself to just using jigs. Crappie don't always want a jig at certain times. I would rather come home with fish than brag about only using jigs and coming home empty handed. I take minnows,worms,and even leach's at times, if I think that is what they may want to bite on. EB
    Well, it's kind of like deer hunting with a Bow (which) I did vs a Gun to me! It's a challenge to find, what works and keep trying! I was a "Big-Time Bass" fisher and did'nt like "Live Bait" that resulted in tossing a fish over board that could'nt swim again. To each their own!
    2005 War Eagle, 50hp Mercury 4 stroke