Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pushing corks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pushing corks

I've got a couple of spots I'm interested in trying to push corks. I've got the rod equipment.
    My questions are..... do y'all use fixed corks or slip corks? Do you tend to ride the wind or control your drift. Do you drift or ease along at a fixed speed.
    Thanx all!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Slip floats you can always adjust to shallow depths. I do both if you are fishing from a boat also try just a hook with a small split shot several feet above the hook.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

When I push, I use cigar floats with the peg when fishing shallower.

Post Thanks / Like

good deal all! thanx for the tips. i'm finding it might be an issue of boat control sometimes. my boat floats so high in the water that it doesnt take much wind to play havoc on the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

i use fixed but only have had luck in shallow water. going right now, i push 8 out the front my guest pulls out the back. all my corks are fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

I use cigar pegged corks. I will drift with the wind and sometime troll as slow as I can, as always, just depends on how they want it that day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob D View Post
    I use cigar pegged corks. I will drift with the wind and sometime troll as slow as I can, as always, just depends on how they want it that day!
    Same as above but I will go with, against, or perpendicular to the wind according to area I need to fish (turn outboard motor to help with going perpendicular to the wind). Drift sock is a must on super windy days. Speed can vary but .4-.6 mph is about normal.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy View Post
    Same as above but I will go with, against, or perpendicular to the wind according to area I need to fish (turn outboard motor to help with going perpendicular to the wind). Drift sock is a must on super windy days. Speed can vary but .4-.6 mph is about normal.
    I like the floats with a slit so you can put them on or take them off without having to re-tie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx all so much! I pushed a lil yesterday and caught 10. Can't wait to give it some serious time!