Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Tite-lock rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinion on Tite-lock rod holders

OK, here we go---I'm looking into getting several sets of tite locks......

I'm asking for help with your experience's (good or bad) I know there's many different types and make out there, but I'm interested in hearing about the tite lock systems?

thanks for the info.

stumpjumper
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

After having used most every brand there is I have gone with Hi-Tek holders. Made by a CDC member and his Dad, reasonably priced, and a bombproof warranty. I found the Tite lok not as user friendly, and the ones I fished in a friends boat weren't as maneuverable. The Hi-Teks also do all adjustments with a 1/2" wrench. Do a search on rod holders, there's a bunch to read.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Tite loks not user friendly is a good summary. They are pure aggrevating! Though, not sure I would trust Hi-teks or the original version Bee-readys for anything besides spiderigging. I like a stainless holder with easy adjust in all directions and angles. It must hold rods and be able to lock reel or rod hangers I make on my rods. I longlinine and fish stumpy water so I abuse mine alot. I like the Troll-maxx best for the money and dependability.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Never owned any but have fished with a few guys that have them. They are not for me. Work loose,hard to get and keep adjusted. Only know one guy that has them and really likes them. The Hi-Tec will do anything you want to do with them and they just improved the support section of the holder. Wider and deeper in more of a U shape. I've had big Gar and Drum and cats grab mine while spider rigging and run straight away from the boat pulling drag and never even acted like it was going to release rod. I think if I was worrying about locking reel into holder I would just use drift masters. Have those on back of boat for pulling cranks or long lining.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1351993891910.jpg
Views: 2182
Size:  18.6 KB
    Love mine
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-Teks hands down the best....Look them up online or pm callshy on here.
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-Teks all the way would not take anything for mine, very user frendly, easy to adjust and just as easy to remove when not needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi-Teks

Post Thanks / Like

I have Tite-Loks and they work fine, but I've done some work on them to suit me. As mentioned they would not stay tight, the plastic T handles on the clamp bolts were hard to get to so I made some longer ones out of ss. The riser were to short for me so I extended them so the rod handles are above my knees. Mine are the older ones with the big clunky bases not the track and they get in the way when I'm not spider rigging.

Post Thanks / Like

get you some hi- tec' s and you want have to buy twice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast