Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stumpy Pond Action is HOT!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stumpy Pond Action is HOT!!!!!

Fished Stumpy Pond last weekend with alot of success.A few of my friends and I camped out at Wateree State Park last SAT.,SUN.,MON.,fished Sat. from 2:00 pm to 4:oopm and caught 60 slabs in the wind.Fished Sun. from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm and caught 84.Both days we where tight lineing minnows only.Fish where close to bottom in 24 ft of water.The action on Wateree is good but not as good as the Stump Hole.Hope this helps.Good fishing to all. :p

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the report. Where were you hooking them at on the lake? I like the island directly to the right of the Cedar Creek access side and behind that island closer to dearborn island. I always see alot of fish activity on the finder. I just started to target crappie and finally figured out i need to use minnows if I want to catch more than a few tater chips. Lately I've been hitting Fishing Creek, but have been wanting to try my crappie luck down on Stumpy. I spoke to some fishermen a few weeks ago when they were coming off Stumpy and they said that the white bass were biting pretty hard as well.

Bowfin
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stumpy Pond

Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin
    Glad to hear it. Thanks for the report. Where were you hooking them at on the lake? I like the island directly to the right of the Cedar Creek access side and behind that island closer to dearborn island. I always see alot of fish activity on the finder. I just started to target crappie and finally figured out i need to use minnows if I want to catch more than a few tater chips. Lately I've been hitting Fishing Creek, but have been wanting to try my crappie luck down on Stumpy. I spoke to some fishermen a few weeks ago when they were coming off Stumpy and they said that the white bass were biting pretty hard as well.

Bowfin
    If you put in at Cedar Creek side I fish to the right of landing around the big stump and down that bank in around 24 ft. of water.I fish out of a blue and white Starcraft deep vee boat if you see me down there holler at me.Me and my buddy fish alot during the week with the work schedule we have.Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondered if you were catching them trolling or over brush only???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report snapper.Thats the first positive report I've heard from stumpy all year.Got to get down there.My friends were there last week but lost the depth finder right off the bat and had trouble locating them without it.They still caught a few and a striper.Good luck....E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tight Lining

Quote Originally Posted by skm
    Just wondered if you were catching them trolling or over brush only???
    Caught all fish slow trolling, tight lining minnows.Tight lining is using enough weight on line to keep minnows straight down while slowly moving with trolling motor.Fish where stacked up on a small ledge in 24 ft. of water.I feel that tight lining is more effective this time of year than trolling because the fish are tight together and when you go over a school you can just sit there on top of them or do a circle on them etc.When trolling its hard to just stop on a spot because your jigs will sink and catch on bottom.Tight lining is fishing a controlled depth.Caught fish at 18 to 21 ft deep in 24ft of water.Hope this helps,My partner and I love fishing this way and it produces.Its slower than trolling,but it has its advantages.Later,If weather holds out Iam going to try them on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info crappie snapper. That is the same way I usually troll (tight lining). Sounds like I just need to slow my speed down some. How much line do you leave between the hook and your weight. I usually buy the hooks with the line on them (about 6 in.) and use a swivel to stop the weight. Just wondered how you rig yours?? Thanks skm.

Post Thanks / Like

Default stump hole

Quote Originally Posted by skm
    Thanks for the info crappie snapper. That is the same way I usually troll (tight lining). Sounds like I just need to slow my speed down some. How much line do you leave between the hook and your weight. I usually buy the hooks with the line on them (about 6 in.) and use a swivel to stop the weight. Just wondered how you rig yours?? Thanks skm.
    Same way with swival and about 6 to 8 inches of line.I have just used split shot weight also.Good Fishing!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Snapper
    Same way with swival and about 6 to 8 inches of line.I have just used split shot weight also.Good Fishing!!!!
    HEY CRAPPIE SNAPPER
    where is stump hole at?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stumpy Pond

Crapp Hunter,

Stump Hole, Stumpy Pond are nicnames for Cedar Creek Reservoir. From Highway 97(Camden, Lancaster side) Go to the road beside Cedar Creek Tackle and turn. The road forks the left turn will take you to Cedar Creek Access on Wateree just below the dam. The right fork will take you to Stumpy Pond access on Cedar Creek Reservoir(Stumpy Pond).This landing is very steep, you will need good tires and maybe 4 wheel drive if the pavement is wet.
    The access on the hwy 21 side of Stumpy Pond is called Debutary Creek Access.It's just out of Great Falls going towards Wateree off Hwy 21. The Landing is much flatter there. Good Luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast