Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scored a new rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scored a new rod

Busted one of my 12' rods. Dang thing was over a decade old so I got my money's worth.

Stopped by Everharts (got to learn how they vacuum the money out of my pocket) bought 100 jig heads, paint, bodies, etc. Got to thinking about that busted rod, looked at their selection and took home a 8' Ozark with the yellow tip. Shorter length might help in the yak.

Come on weekend... can't wait to try it out.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

got to learn how they vacuum the money out of my pocket

Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice rod, G. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I'm hearing good things about the customer service these days.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure it is an Ozark not an Outlaw? Either way it will be a great rod and should work great for the yak. Last time I was in there all they had was Outlaws. I have had a couple 8'2" Outlaw's and they were great rod's for bank fishing and dipping for my youngsters when in the boat. Would cast a mile and light enough for the kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Are you sure it is an Ozark not an Outlaw? Either way it will be a great rod and should work great for the yak. Last time I was in there all they had was Outlaws. I have had a couple 8'2" Outlaw's and they were great rod's for bank fishing and dipping for my youngsters when in the boat. Would cast a mile and light enough for the kids.
    You're right as usual. Outlaw. 8'2" is what it is. Light is right... that thing feels like a feather compared to the 12' long decade old rod it replaces. Will still need to get a replacement for that longer rod.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the old rod? Grizzly Jig has replacement tips for about any rod made. You can give Josh or any of the boys down there a call and I bet they can hook you up.