Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: SmartCast

Post Thanks / Like

Default SmartCast

How many people have the smartcast? And what are the reviews on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default I do

I do have one and it sucks. Actually it will be good if I did not have to get it fixed all the time.

It does help you locate fish. I do not use it as a bobber. I just use it to find fish.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these. Bought the one with the large display and base so I could see what was going on. I guess I was expecting too much. I don't know if it is just my unit that doesn't work very well or they all have a problem. I can cast it out over a known brush pile and one time it may read it and the next I get zip. It seems like a great idea, but I don't know if the transducer has enough battery power in it to do all the work it needs to do. Seems to me one or 2 of those quarter size lithium batteries is what is inside the casting unit. That isn't much power when you think that that little green bobber has to send out and receive the sonar signal, then process the sonar information it received back, then transmit that information to the receiver in your hands for display.
    Anyone else have any thoughts on these?

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have one and i use it to pinpoint a spot . i don`t have to run the boat over structor to see what is there . so far the onley probablem i have had is the power switch went bsd . i sent it bsck to hummingbird . it was replaced at no charge .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

The one I have works fairly well but choppy water will skew the view and moving to fast will too. You get two batteries with it one in it and a spare. The little view finder is tough on old eyes. Good for recon without running boat over bush and condos. Might be a plus at the Foot. Oh yea make sure it is off when you are trough using it. It will run down.:D lol
    Today is a great day

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

my screen is the same size as the parna boat mount . the batteries equal to 12 v but humingbird sayes you cant hook it to a 12 volt boat battery . guess it is the amps ?
    retired and now i will always fish