Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to the board

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to the board

Hello First time to this board, I do frequent Tidalfish board often. I see that some of you are spider trolling. I have used that technique for many years with great success. I mainly fished NorthWest River during the winter & early spring. In the past couple years I have been doing more saltwater fishing than fresh. I have not fished NorthWest in a couple years, I heard their had been a fish kill after the storms. I know several fellows that fish there & have been told that fishing is still slow. Have any of you been there crappie, coon perch or white perch fishing laletly? I now live in Holland area of Suffolk have fished the Nottoway & Blackwater Rivers for crappie and have done ok. I think I need to just put in more time and learn the river. Any how keep up the fishing.
    Tight Lines
    AL
    My bait is guaranteed to catch fish or die trying.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi hollandcrew, welcome to the board. Yea, there was a fish kill but it wasn't as bad as the last one. I live in chesapeake but do most my fishing in carolina. We have been doing pretty good in Tull's creek (Moyock), except for today. I've never done much good in the Nottoway and Blackwater with crappie but have caught some nice bass there. Haven't been to Northwest recently but have caught a lot of coons and white perch there in the past. Did real well with white perch in the Newbegun creek during the summer. Looking forward to talking with you. Keep us posted on how you do fishing.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board and I hope to read about many successful fishing trips in the future.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Default what kind of saltwater

what kind of saltwater fishing you doing - I too am a Carolina Boy - fish a lot in Bogue Sound around Swansboro
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!