Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing from bank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Fishing from bank

I've never really crappie fished at night from the bank. What do I need to bring? Any particular lighting I should use besides my old lantern? Lighted Bobbers? Minnows?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default night fishing

don't know your location or body of water you are fishing. it would probably help so that the people familar with that area could help you out beyond the basics of lantern, bobbers, etc. Or at least those are my feelings for what they are worth. I would think you might need to start fishing in about 4' of water and adjust depth as needed. I use small to medium size minnows and either a floating minnow bucket or a bubbler. You will probably need to get as much light on the water as you can, even if you need to suspend your lantern from a branch over the water. Don't expect too much action at first until the bait starts gathering but of course there are always exceptions. Hope this helps--good luck
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

Just fishing a huge private pond. Mainly stocked with catfish but there are a lot of crappie in there too. It's a big enough pond to where people jetski on it. Probably will be the only one out there too.