Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which lake for vacation. LOZ, MTL, Truman or Thomas Hill?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which lake for vacation. LOZ, MTL, Truman or Thomas Hill?

Taking a vacation fishing trip on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th and trying decide where to spend a couple of days. Usually do pretty good at LOZ but like the adventure of trying somewhere new. Maybe the question should be where shouldn't we go? Heard MTL has a lot dinks this year..Would love suggestions. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

We did well at mtl this spring with a lot of fish in the 12 to 14 inch range. My buddy even caught one that I'm sure was a wall hanger but wouldn't weigh it. It was his first crappie trip and he had no idea what he had. It looked more like a dinner plate than a fish. Beginners luck I guess. From everything I've heard lately it sounds like fishing has been very tough. Sounds like they are schooled up and hard to find. However, I hear if you do find them you will wear yourself out catching them. Unless you are good at finding schools on unfamiliar lakes I would stick to loz. I hear there is a pretty good bite over brushpiles there now. Where ever you go good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go to the closest lake and maximize your fishing time. All 3 are producing good size fish.
    HOOKED-FISHING.COM CDC PROUD SPONSOR
    B'n'M Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Crappie Baits Pro Staff
    Outdoor Writer

Post Thanks / Like

Can't speak to the other two, but we limited out every day last week (Thursday-Sunday) at LOZ and generally had fish with good size. Caught a few more dinks in the Gravois than we did in the Glaize but, overall, things were strong.

The good news is that you can't lose ... you're going fishing somewhere regardless. Enjoy.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it........ you've been to LOZ, know where to catch fish and it sounds like they are biting at the moment. Definitely maximize your fishing time like what was said above....and when you have more than a few days come on up to MTL and a few of us can show you around. Right now lake is low and you might spend 1/2 your time idling up in the arms as good ol Twain can get squirrely.

I have heard that the bite is turning around.......

U

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info gentlemen. Now I just have to convince the fishing partner!