Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: FCC 2013 Tournament Schedule

Post Thanks / Like

Default FCC 2013 Tournament Schedule

Attached is the 2013 FCC Tournament
    schedule. Once again 20 tournaments are
    posted to go with possibility of 1 or more being canceled by weather and or low water.

Not on schedule this year is Holly Chain,
    Lake Dorr, East & West Toho lakes.
    Weather conditions past 2 yrs, plus low water levels.

Added this year Crescent Lake, as regular on schedule, Lake Monroe (2) times vs one in past amd Crooked Lake, Lake Wales area.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Harold, your April 13th at Lake Monroe conflicts with our end of the CdC Classic at the same location. We posted our schedule months ago and hoped this would not happen. Several slabfest members also fish your club tournaments. I'm in hopes you can change that date.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That is a very interesting schedule! Ya'll picked some high quality waters at least in the north division. Know nothing personally about the picks in South division. Those changes should spark some more interest and help grow your club.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, at present time, and based on past schedules, Darryl picks his tournaments
    year end and year out the 2 nd Saturday of the month except August.
    I than work mine around those dates and try not conflict with Holidays and others
    involving Crappie situations. Will discuss with Darryl and let you know

Post Thanks / Like

Positive thinking Huntinslabs, however, Flycaster moderator and few other choose
    i believe to look at it in a negative way. Just so everyone know conversation
    passed between Flycaster & myself as I believe in Open discussions ...
    Darryl Cole, Mark Gilman & myself met Wednesday evening and discussed schedule.
    We can change schedule to accomadate anyone and will be happy to if this is
    What the group wants. However, it was also somewhat of "Olive branch" extended
    to Slabfest group to have meeting in common ground area and discuss ways to
    extend and grow both clubs for one common cause..............no money involved,
    just plain fun, commradship, the lovin of friendly competition - perhaps several of
    our group would get involved with food, preperation, donation of catches, felting,
    etc........Don't know until a meeting of somekind could be had..............

Again, Flycaster was left with "let us know what you want and we can change
    the date accordingly, reprinting of schedule and notification of various newspapers.
    Again my error, forgot that most of your members are up at Superfest and won't
    be back till Sunday evening.

Post Thanks / Like

To be open and out front with the correspondence!!!!!
    Originally Posted by flycaster in a PRIVATE MESSAGE
    WHY did you schedule an event at the same place and time that we had posted a slabfest at???????
    We got our schedule out early enough so that we would not have a conflict!!!!!

Harold:
    My comments were not that you are having your tournament the same day and same lake as we have scheduled, but that you have chose to use the same launch facilities. The lake is big enough to support untold number of fishermen, wake boarders and other activities, but the launch area will only accommodate just so many vehicles and trailers.

We posted our schedule of events on AUGUST 1, 2012 with the idea that everyone would see our schedule and could plan activities around our dates and locations.

Our comments also were about the January 12, 2013 date and location.
    Harold quote"
    I seems you also have the
    Slabfest for Harris Chain out
    of Mt Dora listed for same
    date as one of ours........
    Duh, is this some type of game playing or what. ??

"unquote.

The FCC has selected the Buzzard Beach, which is on Lake Eustis for their launch location which is a lake and canal removed from where we have selected to have our event.
    The group that holds the SLABFEST selected the Volusia County Park because of the pavilion facilities and the easy access to the river, just in case of weather that some do not want to venture out on to the lake. If we were not going to have a sit down meet, greet, eat event we would have probably selected the park in downtown Sanford. They have great launch ramps and easy access to the lake. (my understanding that is all that is required for the FCC event.)

Post Thanks / Like

Flycaster, and all supporters of Florida Slabfests, "again sorry" for scheduling a tournament on same day, same lake and
    same park as your end of year classic for slabfest group............

The schedule has been changed and newspapers have been informed, along with
    a change forthcomming on CDC FCC web site.

Moved the May tournament at St Johns river to April tournament and
    Monroe tournament in April has been moved to May.

just short reminder when we schedule the Harris Chain each year as first tournment,
    we use buzzard beach as launch & weigh in only. Teams are allowed to fish any lake
    associated with Harris Chain. May possibly be some crossing of teams at Gilbert Park
    ramp should they decide to fish the tri lakes.
    Should be no problem as this is good sized ramp area

Sorry will not be able to attend the 17th slabfest as we have scheduled tournament
    at Lake Tarpon.
    As this has been case most of 2012, FCC members being unable to attend your
    shows do to conflict of dates. (just one of those things try to work around)
    Maybe down road in 2013 something could be worked out on combined fun basis,
    non monitary...

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU Harold for the changes so that we will not have a conflict with the launch area.